• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
1)describe the action of a bipolar npn transistor as an electrically operated switch explain its use in switching circuits
2) describe the use of a bistable circuit
3) discuss the fact that bistable circuit exhibit the property of memory
4) describe the use of an astable circuit (pulse generator)
5) describe how the frequency of an astable circuit is related to the values of the resistive and capacitative components
these r optional things that never come. At least i never saw them in any recent paper. Have u?

Reaction score
explain using nuclide notation how one element may have a number of isotopes
I am sure you know it. Just lyk in periodic table, the symbol of an element is writen and on its upper left side, its atomic mass is riten nd lower left side proton number is writen. that is called nuclide notation.
so in isotopes, u just hv to change the atomic mass number

Reaction score
please would anyone EXPLAIN how the following components actually work in stated applications

1) radio waves__radio and television communications
2) microwaves__satellite television and telephone
3) infra red ___household electrical appliances , television controllers and intruder alarms
4) light ___ optical fibres in medical uses and telephone
5) ultra violet ___ sunbeds , fluorescent tubes and sterilisation
6) X-rays ___hospital use and engineering applications
7) gamma rays and their use in medical treatment
is this thing in syllabus? or r u asking for sake of info?

Reaction score
I am sure you know it. Just lyk in periodic table, the symbol of an element is writen and on its upper left side, its atomic mass is riten nd lower left side proton number is writen. that is called nuclide notation.
so in isotopes, u just hv to change the atomic mass number
thankyouuuuuu.......:::::::::::::)))

Reaction score
this is in syllabus...:(:mad:
ok then i think the answer to such question will b very simple(i saw it in classified i gues) . yes so it will say that all waves move wid speed of lyt. they r transverse so their molecules vibrate and move perpendicular to the vibration. and as far as satellite and phone r concerned then u can ryt that these waves go to the booster and regain their signals.

Reaction score
ok then i think the answer to such question will b very simple(i saw it in classified i gues) . yes so it will say that all waves move wid speed of lyt. they r transverse so their molecules vibrate and move perpendicular to the vibration. and as far as satellite and phone r concerned then u can ryt that these waves go to the booster and regain their signals.

umm...k..thnx!..:)

Reaction score
0610 w11 qp 63

ques # :
1 ) (c)(i) can you please explain how the answer is derived? thank you :)

Attachments

• 0610_w11_ms_63.pdf
    110.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 0610_w11_qp_63.pdf
    653.7 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
1)describe the action of a bipolar npn transistor as an electrically operated switch explain its use in switching circuits
2) describe the use of a bistable circuit
3) discuss the fact that bistable circuit exhibit the property of memory
4) describe the use of an astable circuit (pulse generator)
5) describe how the frequency of an astable circuit is related to the values of the resistive and capacitative components

these are circuits containing transistors and/or capacitors

astable circuits switch continually from one state to other, eg traffic lights, as they contain two capacitors
bistable circuits are switched on and off manually.

these topics are optional, but unfortunately, some of these topics can come in mcqs, so you should have just a little bit knowhow!

Reaction score
than
these are circuits containing transistors and/or capacitors

astable circuits switch continually from one state to other, eg traffic lights, as they contain two capacitors
bistable circuits are switched on and off manually.

these topics are optional, but unfortunately, some of these topics can come in mcqs, so you should have just a little bit knowhow!
thankyou soo much!!!...:))

Reaction score
why is fuse connected to live wire?? what would happen if it was connected to neutral wire please explain

Reaction score
COuld any one tell me how to erase the part "Extreme papers" in each pastpaper question.....?

Reaction score
why is fuse connected to live wire?? what would happen if it was connected to neutral wire please explain
it is done bcuz when a fuse is blown . the appliance has no contact with live wire therefore it could be touched unharmed while if fuse is placed at neutral wire then touching the appliance would be dangerous bcuz charges would be accumulated on the appliances all over as person would touch, electricity would get the path and travel form the body.!!!

like if u find it useful