• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology; Chemistry; Physics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can someone give me notes about, skin hair and sweat for biology ( but not core ) thanks =)

NIM

Reaction score
guys 2morow is my BIO practical p52.....:confused:
i really need something good about teeth's .......:D
guys really need help.....;)

Reaction score
Describe, with practical details, how you would make a stained, temporary slide of pollen from the flower..
plz any1 tell me jaldi. ..
:(

Reaction score
can someone tell me how to test for non-reducing sugar? i remember i saw it at somewhere else but i cant find it now... and is muscle important in bio atp? will there any question about muscle contraction like biceps and triceps...

Reaction score
plz smone tell me yrrr. ..wont anyone help me out??? :(
these points will come:
-cut open anther with scalpel
-add dye to pollen grains eg: iodine solution or methylamine blue
-sandwich some pollen between cover-slips
-hold cover-slips together by elastic bands
-make sure there are no air bubbles by lowering cover-slips at angle/remove any air bubbles
-place cover-slips on glass slides

please correct me or add any point missing.

Reaction score
Describe, with practical details, how you would make a stained, temporary slide of pollen from the flower..
plz any1 tell me jaldi. ..
:(
add a drop of water on the slide as a mountant
brush off pollen onto slide
add few drops of methylene blue to stain it
now lower the coverslip at an angle to prevent air bubbles

can someone tell me how to test for non-reducing sugar? i remember i saw it at somewhere else but i cant find it now... and is muscle important in bio atp? will there any question about muscle contraction like biceps and triceps...

first heat the non-reducing sugar in HCl..this will break it down to REDUCING SUGAR
then add NaOH to neutralise it
then perform the benedict's test

Reaction score

for non-reducing sugar? you mean starch or if a reducing sugar is not present?

and muscle contraction of biceps and triceps is not so much important. just read it once