• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Biology 11 - Heterozygous female cat or

Reaction score
the female cat is heretozygous....
yes the male is homozygous. but the male is actually homozygois recessive.. but the option was just recessive.
and FYI the question said " most appropriate ans"
so the female is heretozygous is the right answer

Reaction score
Option B was both of the parents is heterozygous.. which I think is correct.. the question said (as I remember and I don't trust my memory:X3: ) that the allele for short hair is dominant over allele for long hair and the parents produce 2 long hair kittens and the rest short (I don't remember correctly), if so then both parents must be heterozygous to get a long hair offspring..

T=short hair, t=long hair.
T t
T-TT Tt
t- Tt Tt
Short hair : Long hair
3 : 1

Reaction score
da answer was one parent is homozygous
see, question said "MOST APPROPRIATE ANSWER"
its tru that the male is homozygous, but its actually homozygous recessive.!!!!
so, the femaly cat is heterozygous is a more appropriate answer as, the option was only homozygous, not homozygous recessive...
GET IT?!!!

Reaction score
Option B was both of the parents is heterozygous.. which I think is correct.. the question said (as I remember and I don't trust my memory:X3: ) that the allele for short hair is dominant over allele for long hair and the parents produce 2 long hair kittens and the rest short (I don't remember correctly), if so then both parents must be heterozygous to get a long hair offspring..

T=short hair, t=long hair.
T t
T-TT Tt
t- Tt Tt
Short hair : Long hair
3 : 1

BRO!... they produced 5 kittens, 2 with long hair..... so the ratio is 3:2 which is 1.5:1....... this is similar to 1:1 not 3:1
so as they r 1:1 one parent is heretozygous and the other is homozygous recessive!

Reaction score
BRO!... they produced 5 kittens, 2 with long hair..... so the ratio is 3:2 which is 1.5:1....... this is similar to 1:1 not 3:1
so as they r 1:1 one parent is heretozygous and the other is homozygous recessive!
like I said I dont remember the question very well..I only remembered how many were born with long hair