• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AS MECHANICS p42 is (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), discuss after 24H

Reaction score
I hope the GT is sth around 30 :p So that i can get above 95 or sth after scaling! I wish i could get a 100 this time :'( Stupid M-1
30? the gt better be 25. I've always been good at mech.. and I couldn't do 6 part 2.. and I mismanaged the time so I couldnt even get around to answering 7.

Reaction score
ahem ahem can anybody tell me was my curve for the last part of last question correct cox i am sooo doubtful in that :(
First of all the Velocity after collision in Q7 had to be -1, as you showed in the graph. -ve sign was necessary.
Secondyly, your displacement graph is wrong. I believe in total, 3 of your marks will be cut.

Reaction score
i hv copied da question wrong at 2 places so my answer is wrong wat will happen?

Reaction score
Hey guys here u go its June 2012 P42 maths
and my answers do tell me if i am wrong in any question :D

All my answers are the same as yours :D even the graphs(except in my displacement time graph the curve downwards is is steeper )

Reaction score
Dammnn awsome paper after i got 2 knw the answers but Q 6 ii and 7 was tricky but could mange at last
But not sure abt my last distplacement time graph !! Hoping for 48/50!!
Inshallah !!

Reaction score
30? the gt better be 25. I've always been good at mech.. and I couldn't do 6 part 2.. and I mismanaged the time so I couldnt even get around to answering 7.

Yeah the same thing happened with me.
All the rest were hopefully perfect. The marks for 6(ii) and 7 add up to about 18
so im hoping to get 32 :( which is my worst mark EVER i always get 43 -47

Reaction score
Yeah the same thing happened with me.
All the rest were hopefully perfect. The marks for 6(ii) and 7 add up to about 18
so im hoping to get 32 :( which is my worst mark EVER i always get 43 -47
yeh but I screwed up the one on top as well by writing the masses incorrectly, how smart is that?! -_-

Reaction score
Exam was easy, i just messed up in S1 and S2 part 2 question, and few marks will be lost in Q7, so a min. of 44/50 i'll get inshAllah :D

Reaction score
i got the same answers as athkar and even the graph i got was like urs..so hopefully the graph u drew waass right.but i got 3.8 instead of 3.775 for the curve part.

Reaction score
it is somewhat like this. after the block hits the wall and starts to go back. the speed is greater so rate of decrease in displacement is more. then speed slows down so rate of decrease in displacement also slows down.
YES YES OH YES THAT'S IT! Oh this is heaven!
Got 'em all correct! Wohooo!

Reaction score
it was easy! the only thing I couldnt do was the trignometry part where some strange cos sin equation appeared and I didnt solve it afterwards. q7 was simple kinematics, q6 part 2 was tricky and involved ratio of velocity. q6 part 1 was a repeat of some previous question.
Hey bro Q7 was bullshit. they didnt even mention that acceleration would be constant. what we are suppossed to assume its constant just like that. Cambridge is startin to really piss me off. they cant even create a decent question.