• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Are we allowed to use 'log' in Mathematics (0580) ?

Reaction score
I think u should not becaus eit is part of add math and not in syllaus of 0580 and in mark scheme they NEVER use log

Reaction score
I think u should not becaus eit is part of add math and not in syllaus of 0580 and in mark scheme they NEVER use log
they never use. but you can use them if you want. but there is no need
3ⁿ=9
everyone will know n=2
no need for logs
but if someone wants to use them to be confident about their answer there is no problem. or if the number is big
7ⁿ=343
log7 (7ⁿ)=log7 (343)
n=3

Reaction score
can some one tell me how to check quadratic equations using tis calculator
FX-82MS
plz
Hey.. so wat u need to do is presss mode which is beside the On button.. frm dere u press 5 wich is 'EQN'.. den press 3.. and enter the corresponding values for a, b & c..! However , only use dis fr checking answers since dere are marks fr working... this is fr the fx-991ES PLUS calculator..Cheers.!

Reaction score
Hey.. so wat u need to do is presss mode which is beside the On button.. frm dere u press 5 wich is 'EQN'.. den press 3.. and enter the corresponding values for a, b & c..! However , only use dis fr checking answers since dere are marks fr working... this is fr the fx-991ES PLUS calculator..Cheers.!
That post was on Apr 20,2014 .....I have now finished my O level exams.
(And I did not ask for that calculator:p)
Anyway....Thank you for taking the time to reply.