• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Am I stupid or what ... ?

Reaction score
ok, guyz, isn`t this equation kind of NOT BALANCED ? (it was written in a chemistry mark scheme ! )

Li2O + H2SO4  Li2SO4 + 2H2O <--- sorry, it looks kind of messed up for an equation -.-"

Reaction score
AStarHunter said:
Keeemoman said:
Why did you add 2 on H2O!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its of no use

It wasn`t me who did that ! It was in a chemistry mark scheme and I thought the same thing too (that the 2 in front of the water shouldn`t be there)! Here`s the link if you`d like to check ;) --->
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/inde.../0620 - Chemistry/&file=0620_s08_ms_31+32.pdf
Go to page 9, Q4(a)(ii) :eek:

SOME TIMES MARK SCHEME SUBMITS WRONG ANSWERS SO DONT FULLY TRUST IT AS in physic paper 1 extension question it is showing wrong answer (200) but right one is (150) so
2 shouldn't be there in H20

Your Mind have got More Power Than Markscheme but it should be correct:p !

Reaction score
on the same link check page 4 a (ii)....thats the correct 1....and as ali4lyf said...mark schemes are sometimes not correct...after all they r made by humans...and humans make errors... :D

Reaction score
Mark Schemes are not correct but they will check your answers correctly so be aware =)

Reaction score
No. I think water should be added. My teacher said, where ever you get to balance Oxygen, add water to the products.