• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Aga khan entry test 2012

Reaction score
I know, right? i found Physics a bit difficult and intimidating too. The other parts- English, Bio, Sci Reas. & maths went pretty good :)
So, FINGERS CROSSED!! ;)

Reaction score
Everybody has the same views about the paper. I guess the FSC guys will have an advantage over us. They must've been able to do the stuff in Chemistry and Physics that we had no clue about.

Reaction score
Yeah. English was good but that comprehension was in no way like the one in the Sample paper. Wasn't hard. Just lengthy and boring:p Yeah they will prolly have the edge when it comes to the entry test but i guess we will cover it up in the Interview.

Reaction score
u guys dint knew abt ortho para meta....it just refers to 2.4 irecting 3,5 directing groups....and yea grignard reagents was a thing from fsc also......well...there was a question which mentioned a formula of B(MAGNETIC FIELD)=SOMETHING DELTAd was it ampere's law?

Reaction score
doppler shift ka formula parh k gaya tha....its anser was 2.2f

Reaction score
Yea I think it was Ampere's law. I knew what Ortho Para Meta meant. Just didn't remember which was which :D

Reaction score
yea mean ortho was carbon number 2 meta carbon numer and para carbn number...6..........there was one foolish question on the test in science reasoning asking where would a nitrate attach on benzene ring........though i marked ortho para....bt obviously we cant name the carbons as ortho para or meta if none of group is attached b4 and compound is just a benzene ring...wasnt it a wrong question ....wat do u think?

Reaction score
yea mean ortho was carbon number 2 meta carbon numer and para carbn number...6..........there was one foolish question on the test in science reasoning asking where would a nitrate attach on benzene ring........though i marked ortho para....bt obviously we cant name the carbons as ortho para or meta if none of group is attached b4 and compound is just a benzene ring...wasnt it a wrong question ....wat do u think?
It was META man. This was a simple A'levels question. If it is a simple benzene ring. The nitro will take the first carbon and then further addition will happen at 3 and 5. Eventhough, it's called para-meta directing but we can also refer it to as only meta.

doppler shift ka formula parh k gaya tha....its anser was 2.2f
It was 1.2. :p I calculated it. You can do it right now. 0.5/(0.5-0.1). You get 1.2. Remember that the source was approaching, so you had to find the difference in the denominator.

Reaction score
by the way ur calculation gives 1.25 as the anser....and i also remeber detector was also moviing so u hadd to add in the numerator also.....mayb u missd this bit......

Attachments

• doppler.PNG
    doppler.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 11
Reaction score
bt he dint specified frther addition ,...and dats y i was cnfused k question is nt making sense.....cos obviously it can attach anywhere iinitially

Reaction score
It was 1.2. :p I calculated it. You can do it right now. 0.5/(0.5-0.1). You get 1.2. Remember that the source was approaching, so you had to find the difference in the denominator.[/quote]

The formula is f=(vi+Vdetector)/(Vi-Vsource) when both are moving towards each other. 1.1/.5 =2.2

Reaction score
It was 1.2. :p I calculated it. You can do it right now. 0.5/(0.5-0.1). You get 1.2. Remember that the source was approaching, so you had to find the difference in the denominator.

The formula is f=(vi+Vdetector)/(Vi-Vsource) when both are moving towards each other. 1.1/.5 =2.2[/quote]
Prolly, I didn't know this concept then. Who cares. I wasn't getting in anyways.

Reaction score
i guess...we have discussed enuf........now tym to prepare 4 a2...........will u gyx be giving the PIEAS test ON 17 JUNE?