• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Accounts 0452 help needed big time!!

Reaction score
What is the difference between
" Equipment valued at ------ " and " Equipment re-valued at ----" ..
When do we take the amount given in " additional information " and when do we minus it -__-??

Reaction score
What is the difference between
" Equipment valued at ------ " and " Equipment re-valued at ----" ..
When do we take the amount given in " additional information " and when do we minus it -__-??
cn u specify a question so i cn ans accordingly?

Reaction score
summer 2011 varient 23
"3 Equipment was valued at $3800 on 31 January 2011. No equipment was bought or
sold during the year ended 31 January 2011"
How do i know if i have to deduct it from the original amount or take the one provided.. Sometimes the question even says " EQUIPMENT WAS RE-VALUED AT "

Reaction score
in dis case if re-valued or valued is used, it means u hv 2 deduct frm da openin book value 2 obtain da depreciation.

Reaction score
And the same follows throughout? I mean I just wanna know when to deduct and when to use the amount given in additional info. Is there some kind of term they use or what? I hope you understood what I meant!

Reaction score
I cant find a question at present :S. Thanks for your help though, i'll let you know when i find one.
One more thing.. Recently, instead of closing stock a margin has been given ( 20% or 25%). I solved a question in winter 2006, question #1. After I found the value of the closing stock I deducted the drawings which is understandable ( i dont have any doubt with that ) but when I solved a similar question in winter 2011 varient 23, and when I deducted the drawings and checked my answer with the mark scheme , it was wrong. The amount which was in the mark scheme was the figure without deducting drawings. Can you please help me with that!!

Reaction score
da drawings given is cash drawings, n is not guds drawings.
if it is guds drawing, it'll b clearly stated.