• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Love

Reaction score
Love.
Funny how the word plays around with a person's nature. How this specific word changes 'everything.' So, the other day, on the poetry section, a couple of members, including me were discussing how serious it could get. I can't remember exactly the names but these were there for sure, AlphaCentauri, etudiante, Ayeshaddy,...
Anyway, the point is, that thread, was purely for poetry section and one couldn't discuss this 'specific' topic there. Why not make one 'only' about the word huh? Love.
Not only that discussion, the recent thread we've come across, yes the oh so famous 'I LOVE HER' thread, not locked. Again, funny how the word plays around.

I wanted to know what you guys, as an individual think about love. Does it really exist? If it does, to what extent? True, it cannot be measured, that's the general term, but think about it, do you really think like that? Or is your conscience defected or can't really figure out what's right and what's not?

Really, we 'need' to explore this subject.

Moderator addition: Please please please, I request all of you, discuss in a civilized mannaer. No arguments please!

Reaction score
There are two stages which human faces in his/her life.
Infactuation: It's the term when one 'thinks' he/she is in love. This happens with most of the teenagers, usually referred as 'love at first sight'.
Sadly, It's merely a crush. While going through some facts, I found out that crush doesn't last more than 4 months to any individual. The period exceeding 4 months is indeed, what we call- 'love'.
Love is the second stage on a person's life. We can describe love in many ways. Love means sacrifice, it means not caring for your own need but doing something to earn happiness of other person, it means 'caring'. Most people in relationship these days take 'wrong' advantage of this word we call 'love'. How? Simple, Old saying goes, "Actions speak louder than words". Yeah it's the actions what I m talking about. Actions should be enough to show your love. Let me give you an example:
A child, he just loves his favourate toys, he wouldn't let anyone else play with it. He would cry and cry if someone else uses that toy.
Just like that, when we love someone, possesiveness occurs. We are so keen about not to 'lose' the person we love. But how can we claim to love a person whom we are not sure to spend our lives with? One can't say 'I love you' and then move on. That's not love. It happens once in a life. Why take wrong advantage of it then? When we love someone, the best solution is to wait and tell parents as soon as possible, 'marriage' is what I m talking about dear readers. Yes! Marraige, big word right? So is 'I love you'. If you really love someone, then you would do anything to make sure he/she stays with you forever. But why take the wrong means to do so? The word 'reputation' is very delicate in reality. Specially when talking about girls. Girls or boys, if there's love, there's possesiveness. But when someone even tries to 'act' possesive, the partner bestows him a title of 'narrow minded'. It's not about being open or narrow minded guys. It's about caring, it's about possesiveness, it's about sincerity, it's about honesty. I really hate these 'fake' relationships. It's just a method of 'time pass' to many but look at the others, dear friend. What if your partner is sincere with you? Aren't you kind of 'destroying' his/her life? The biggest threat to this 'love' is opposite gender friends. When a guy has fe-male or a girl has male friends. Everyone tries to 'butt in'. They try to take un-fair advantage of the situation, not all people are like that, but most of them are. It's because no one cares for anyone else these days.
If you really 'love' someone, instead of making 'false promises' try to find ways to get your partner for life time, this can only be done by marriage.
Love is when you leave your partner because he/she doesn't want to be in a relationship, it's when you know you love her, yet you let him/her go. This is love. However, this hurts like anything, yet scarificing is not always 'easy' is it?

Reaction score
well i believe love does exist... and the feeling is quite different.. and when u lose the one u love it all feels incomplete and u are hurt from the inside blaming urself that maybe u were wrong and u were not perfect enough to be loved.. The feeling is quite unique..

Reaction score
Well said. And true, love is not something to play around with. It's something really huge, tremendous, beyond the confines of human intellect but that again, love doesn't really exist in one form. There's love for parents, siblings, friends. What really matters is how you use this little power of your heart.

Reaction score
well i believe love does exist... and the feeling is quite different.. and when u lose the one u love it all feels incomplete and u are hurt from the inside blaming urself that maybe u were wrong and u were not perfect enough to be loved.. The feeling is quite unique..

And it hurts more when you find out the person on the other end has moved on and doesn't really care how you feel.

What I believe, 'True love never asks for love back.'

Reaction score
It happens once in a life.

sorry but i disagree on this point. love is everywhere n throughout our life. it is love that keeps us going. the pains we have r the indicators of love. exactly the way sadness shows that we were happy smtym. n do u only feel pain once in ur life? we love lots of ppl. the love u r talking about im nt talking about that. im just talking about "LOVE".

we love our friends, some special friends. we do not like teachers scolding them. instead we give thm our book, for instance, n take the punishment.
we love our parents. the disappointment in their eyes agonizes the core of our existance so we struggle hard to save thm from that 1 minute of disappoinment.
we even love our house. i lived for 12 years in the house i was born, i ddnt know that i loved it bt i realized it wen i was to leave ir forever.
we love our family. when they r nt here, our heart aches for them.
n the greatest example of love is our love with Allah. wenever we fall down, dont we go crying to our Lord? it is the deepest form or trust. n trust is only there if love is.

all in all, everytym u feel some pain (not physical) u shud know u have fallen in love yet again. n it is not necessarily with humans. it is with everything that surrounds u. it is with nature.

n if ur beloved one leaves u once. eg some one dies. do u remain in the state of that unbearable pain all ur life. no. u find someone else to shower ur love. u miss that person alryt but it does not mean u don't ever love sm1 again. human heart is very fragile. it cannot survive without loving sm1 n caring for sm1.

this is what i think.. n the love u are talking about salman bhai i hv no expirience in tht so im not saying u r wron. love is wide. n it is not once.

Reaction score
@Narcotic: I was talking about love with opposite gender, It should happen once in life and it indeed does, that's basically what my research states up till now! But don't you think it's rather odd to love multiple of peoples? Like loving a girl and then moving on and loving someone else, why do we add the word 'true' with love? Because love can happen multiple times, but 'true' love happens once.

Reaction score
@Narcotic: I was talking about love with opposite gender, It should happen once in life and it indeed does, that's basically what my research states up till now! But don't you think it's rather odd to love multiple of peoples? Like loving a girl and then moving on and loving someone else, why do we add the word 'true' with love? Because love can happen multiple times, but 'true' love happens once.
Ahem. Research? :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
`
we love our friends, some special friends. we do not like teachers scolding them. instead we give thm our ook n take the punishment.
Not Happening Ever! :LOL: Getting them into trouble is different though :whistle:

Anyways, this is serious business... We have researchers and experienced people here... so no jokes from low class personnel like me :p