• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

General Paper 8004 (Reader's Thoughts needed)

Reaction score
Give me an example for it please so i can better understand.

For example if your point of argument is that youtube should not be banned because it offers free resources for academic purposes the counter-argument will be that free resources for academic purposes are also available elsewhere on the internet so youtube should be banned.

Reaction score
For example if your point of argument is that youtube should not be banned because it offers free resources for academic purposes the counter-argument will be that free resources for academic purposes are also available elsewhere on the internet so youtube should be banned.
Doesnt that make the essay a bit complicated? Like there is no one stated opinion about a certain topic.

Reaction score
Doesnt that make the essay a bit complicated? Like there is no one stated opinion about a certain topic.

No that is what makes your argument strong, it is called considering 'alternate plausible scenarios' then you go on to give an example to refute the counter argument and proving your point such as by saying, although other websites have academic material but youtube offers an all in one package from academic tutorials to animations and documentaries which along with an easy to use user interface makes it more time saving and productive hence it should not be banned.

If you don't do that you fail to prove that you have enough confidence on your own knowledge to disprove other arguments and that is not a feature of an A transcript

Reaction score
No that is what makes your argument strong, it is called considering 'alternate plausible scenarios' then you go on to give an example to refute the counter argument and proving your point such as by saying, although other websites have academic material but youtube offers an all in one package from academic tutorials to animations and documentaries which along with an easy to use user interface makes it more time saving and productive hence it should not be banned.

If you don't do that you fail to prove that you have enough confidence on your own knowledge to disprove other arguments and that is not a feature of an A transcript
Oh alright now i get why its needed. Alright will try to use this from now on.

Reaction score
Okay. I owed you this. Am posting it here so that minato112 and Success_is_my_objective can check it out too. I'm gonna take quite some time to explain to you. Please, try to understand and don't mind my critiques. They're meant to be constructive.

First and most important of all, you have poorly argued the essay as a result of misinterpreting the title.

How far have international organizations succeeded in promoting peace and cooperation around the world?

"How far" suggests that you need to argue, analyze, and evaluate. What you have instead done is just to give a "statement of affairs". You gave an overview and some comments on the importance of peace in your introduction, but you haven't introduced the essay. Second para, you picked up one organization and went on to explain how it works. What you should have done is to evaluate the work of that organization. The examiner isn't interested in knowing how it functions. What they asked you is how well they have functioned, and if not, then why, how can things be improved, etc. Third para, you went on to talk of what will the world be like were these organizations nonexistent. That wasn't so bad, but it would have served better in your conclusion. Plus, I don't know if anyone realized, there is a sort of contradiction here: "The absence of these organizations does very little to us, and but can severely damage us and the way we think."

Your essay could have well fitted the title "How do international organizations succeed in promoting peace and cooperation around the world?"
This is the first lesson to learn when presented with an essay title: Do not take any single word for granted. They've been thoughtfully placed there. There are hidden traps in almost every title you will get. Identifying those traps can make the whole difference between an A and a C or D.

You didn't give a single reason as to why these organizations didn't work out well.

I deliberately gave you a title I had done earlier so that you could compare.I know you don't like world politics, but trust me, you will have to use it almost everywhere in your essays. In GP, you have to show the examiner that you know the world you are living in. Politics permeates our world.

Don't be discouraged. It took me quite a lot of hard work to understand GP. You'll get it with time and effort.

Reaction score
I am trying to find what I've told others for GP, but it's all in a mess, here and there, there and everywhere. If I get time, I'll put it all in my blog so everyone can get a bit of help.

As for what you asked:

- build and improve my vocabulary

Read, read and read. It's a good idea to keep a copybook to record whatever you find interesting.

I'll come back to you later. I'm tired. I continue later.-.-

Reaction score
I've uploaded a few on my blog. I'll upload the rest later. Check if you want to.
hey Thanks for giving me constructive criticism. Il try my best to improve upon everything you have suggested. Alright il keep a notebook with me to jot down new words. I find it best to makeup sentences of new words as i go along. Could you please send me the link to your blog?

Reaction score
hey Thanks for giving me constructive criticism. Il try my best to improve upon everything you have suggested. Alright il keep a notebook with me to jot down new words. I find it best to makeup sentences of new words as i go along. Could you please send me the link to your blog?

It's in my signature below. :)

Yeah, sentence construction is a good way to learn words.
And you're welcome. :)

Reaction score
It's in my signature below. :)

Yeah, sentence construction is a good way to learn words.
And you're welcome. :)
I cannot seem to find the one your talking about , there is so much on that page MashAllah, you seem like a good writer. Could you please send me the link of it.

Reaction score
I cannot seem to find the one your talking about , there is so much on that page MashAllah, you seem like a good writer. Could you please send me the link of it.

The one? Which one are you looking for?

Well, my blog up to now is still not what I planned it to be. :s

Reaction score
Oh alright no problem. I was just having some difficulty. How are your exams going btw?

They're.... gone. :)

I was looking for sample essays to see how you write yours, since i couldnt read the previous essay you sent me.

Oh, I didn't post any of my essays yet. Okay, I'll when I get the time. Sorry, they're so long. I write for revision purposes, so I tend to write them long.

Reaction score
Its okey there really good, btw do you have information on entry tests for bharia university?