• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Skills

Reaction score
HEY every body,
I am looking for a solution "How to improve English skills i.e in writing letters, articles etc" so that i can get A*. I am entering English as second language. So please will u help me.

Reaction score
HEY every body,
I am looking for a solution "How to improve English skills i.e in writing letters, articles etc" so that i can get A*. I am entering English as second language. So please will u help me.

Asalam u alaikum, read novels as it will be helpful for you to increase your vocabulary.. write those words with sentences so that you may know how how to use them.. and for letter and articles check the follwing notes out!

I hope i helped...:)

Attachments

• School magazne articles.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • English writing skills.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • Advice letters.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
  • Freindly Letters- Descriptive.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 43
  • Summary and note taking.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Reaction score
Hello Kazanova,
As you have mentioned, you're stepping foot into the world of English literature, I welcome you in. Since you're opting for English as Second Language, it would definitely not be as challenging. With the right dedication and hard work, I'm sure you can achieve the desired grade. However, to help you get started I would like to point out some basics you should be familiar with as you go down the road.

-Reading, as many have already pointed out. The fun aspect of learning languages is the fact that you might not even notice as you learn! This reading is not restricted to going through course-books. You have a large number of options to choose from. Magazines, novels, newspapers or basically any extract that you find, will polish your vocabulary, expression and sentence-making skills. So, point one. Read and read attentively!
-Secondly, I'd emphasize upon the use of correct grammar. Believe me, nothing irritates an examiner more than such petty grammatical errors. To improve your grammar I'd recommend going through grammar exercises. Dry, yes. But extremely helpful!
-Now, to improve your writing skills. I don't want to go on bragging about the cliche 'practice' phrases. But very honestly, practice is the key. It does not only makes you familiar to the requirements of the given questions, it also improves the outlook of your written pieces. Only by practice can you understand the use of metaphorical phrases which you can use instead of basic every-day words, which let me tell you, is an impressive technique.

So, those are some of the very basic things that you will have to understand, considering you're aiming for an A*. Using the language for every-day use is another helpful practice. If you have any further queries, feel free to ask. :)

Warm greetings,
Shizza Jalil

Reaction score
HEY every body,
dont worry!the igs engliish coursebook is enough.complete all exercises given in the book also go through the pastpapers.this is what my brother recommended me(a A* holder in english)