• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Prepration

Reaction score
Exams are just around the corner and i am so worried about my english...and i have no idea about how to prepare for english exam...so please if anyone could give me tips that would help me in my prepration..??...very worried..!...:(

Reaction score
Exams are just around the corner and i am so worried about my english...and i have no idea about how to prepare for english exam...so please if anyone could give me tips that would help me in my prepration..??...very worried..!...:(
Do past papers, that is the best solution for english.....solve as many as you can. And as far as the revision guide is concerned you'll have to buy it. Revision guide's are easily available from general course-book stores of a city so you won't have a problem finding that I'm sure.

Reaction score
Do past papers, that is the best solution for english.....solve as many as you can. And as far as the revision guide is concerned you'll have to buy it. Revision guide's are easily available from general course-book stores of a city so you won't have a problem finding that I'm sure.
thankyou!...i was thinking that if i would practice alot of past papers especially writing passages than even if no one checks them would it help?

Reaction score
how to prepare especially for paper 1?
The best way to prepare for paper 1 is to read! Get started on some newspaper to help you brush up on the tone for account and report writing. The vocabulary used is also essential for formal writing. Similarly read books or short stories to have good descriptive phrases in your mind and multiple plots, one of which you may be able to twist into a new way for your own essay. Its always good to be prepared with ideas in an exam situation. You never know where inspiration will come from!

Reaction score
The best way to prepare for paper 1 is to read! Get started on some newspaper to help you brush up on the tone for account and report writing. The vocabulary used is also essential for formal writing. Similarly read books or short stories to have good descriptive phrases in your mind and multiple plots, one of which you may be able to twist into a new way for your own essay. Its always good to be prepared with ideas in an exam situation. You never know where inspiration will come from!
exactly download ur first novel http://www.mediafire.com/?s5sm3a98sghqtb9

Reaction score
uh ...thankyou!...btw could i afford to read a novel with exams so near??..o_0
Read it like mostly Pakistani do read the first and last line u will understand all of it:D .Oh but ur not reading a story u need to increase Ur vocabulary .How?
1.Stop using Facebook or any other social website.
2.Stop Texting because You use slang Language e.g (btw),(whr),(r),(u)..................................^Same Reason For Above.
3.Start Reading Books Of Grammar Or Use Progressive English. Progressive English is a good book to practice Comprehension.

:sneaky: (y)(y)(y)

Reaction score
Read it like mostly Pakistani do read the first and last line u will understand all of it:D .Oh but ur not reading a story u need to increase Ur vocabulary .How?
1.Stop using Facebook or any other social website.
2.Stop Texting because You use slang Language e.g (btw),(whr),(r),(u)..................................^Same Reason For Above.
3.Start Reading Books Of Grammar Or Use Progressive English. Progressive English is a good book to practice Comprehension.

:sneaky: (y)(y)(y)
hahahaaha..stop all the things that i like doing!...rite!..:D...well thankyou!

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're worried about composition, right?
I'm gonna second the notion of buying the Cambridge English Revision Guide. It's actually a pretty decent choice if you want maximum results in minimum time. Formats, tones, techniques and all can be found in the book, so read it once or twice before your paper.
Practice is equally important. Get Redspot's past papers for English Language and, if you have the time, their Challenging English Comprehension and Essays. Write at least one composition per day. Read through a model composition in the past papers, then attempt one by yourself. Strive to be original and creative. That is the key to a good composition. A good idea would be to post your compositions online on a thread on XPF or any other websites so a diverse audience can analyse them and evaluate your efforts :)
Comprehension is something that you'll get the hang through practice, practice and more practice. Kind of a drag, yes, but it's perhaps the easiest way to ensure good results.
Hope I helped.