• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ECAT and MCAT Preparation: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Ah it's really hard to explain maths like this. Anyway i'll try again.
Do you know how to expand a 3x3 determinant? This is the same thing. When you expand a 3x3 determinant, you are actually converting it into a lesser order matrix ,i.e a 2x2 matrix which is then solved by 'ad-bc' formula.
Now the given determinant was of 5x5 order. You expand it/convert it into a lower order determinant, i.e 4x4
You have got more than 1 4x4 determinants corresponding to the number of elements in that row or column. Now the technique was that if we use such a row or column for expansion which has only one non-zero entry, we get only 1 4x4 determinant. Had we considered a row or a column having more than 1 non zero entries, there would have been more than 1 4x4 determinants, which would have made the problem confusing.
Now using that 1 4x4 determinant, we again consider a row or a column for expansion which would give only one lesser order i.e, 3x3 determinant.
Then we expand the 3x3 determinant and solve it by ad-bc. I hope that helped :)
Ah, ok. Got it (y) thanks :)

Reaction score
Hey could you guys help me out? nust k test may Sat english hoti ha and my vocabulary isn't that good. So any tips or anything to prepare vocabulary? :/

Reaction score
Hey could you guys help me out? nust k test may Sat english hoti ha and my vocabulary isn't that good. So any tips or anything to prepare vocabulary? :/
buy sat 1 barrons book from old book shop.. do the questions and go thru the list of words given..

Reaction score
In chemistry, are we supposed to know the number of isotopes each element possesses. ?

Reaction score
well for those who have no idea about moment of inertia.,.....an important part of FSC syllabus.....
absolutely wonderful guy.....ye to khan se be agay nikla

Reaction score
whats mesomerism.???
mentioned in pieas sample test....i dint even found in fsc book
plus for those who are having problem in maths fsc......lmme find a channel.....i saw it in january or something.......indian channell....bt reallly great guy........very close course,.....bt quite conceptual....
i mean YOUTUBE VIDEOS CHANNEL

Reaction score
finding average value of function
ROW-ECHELON FORM
ANGULAR Momentum

Reaction score
Haven't started preparing for entry tests yet, that's why I was asking! So, before that, from where are you doing questions then?
Just picking random questions from Fsc books!
I also havent started full fledged preparation!

Reaction score
Just picking random questions from Fsc books!
I also havent started full fledged preparation!
Alright. Btw will/have you read (some)topics from FSc books? Also, do you think if there's any need to do Maths questions from first year's book?

Reaction score
Just to confirm: This thread can be used to discuss entry tests for NUST and GIKI, right? Btw ECAT is only to apply for UET, right?