• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Brain teasers

Do u like brain teasers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Anyone post any brainteasers and others try to solve em
I will start
You are one of 20 prisoners on death row with the execution date set for tomorrow. Your king is a ruthless man who likes to toy with his people's miseries. He comes to your cell today and tells you:
“I’m gonna give you prisoners a chance to go free tomorrow. You will all stand in a row (queue) before the executioner and we will put a hat on your head, either a red or a black one. Of course you will not be able to see the color of your own hat; you will only be able to see the prisoners in front of you with their hats on; you will not be allowed to look back or communicate together in any way (talking, touching.....).

The prisoner in the back will be able to see the 19 prisoners in front of him. The one in front of him will be able to see 18…

Starting with the last person in the row, the one who can see everybody in front of him, he will be asked a simple question: WHAT IS THE COLOR OF YOUR HAT?

He will be only allowed to answer “BLACK” or “RED”. If he says anything else you will ALL be executed immediately.

If he guesses the right color of the hat on his head he is set free, otherwise he is put to death. And we move on to the one in front of him and ask him the same question and so on…

Well, good luck tomorrow, HA HA HA HA HA HA!”

Now since you all can communicate freely during the night, can you find a way to guarantee the freedom of some prisoners tomorrow? How many?

Reaction score
hope It wasnt tooo hard
Answer
First guy is a coin toss - let's wish him good luck.
His job is to establish the parity of black hats visible to him.
He says "Black" if he sees an odd number of black hats; "Red" otherwise.
By paying attention to what has been said, each prisoner will know his hat's color.

Reaction score
How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't bounce off anything? There is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it back to you.

Reaction score
How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't bounce off anything? There is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it back to you.
well u throw it upwards, into the air..

Reaction score
sorry but I forgot all about this forum
heres the nxt one

I am a tree with five branches,
I don't have leaves or fruits or bark,
There will always be two of us,
And I'm always there whenever you need me.

What am I?

Reaction score
good
now for a harder one

It's not a hat, but it keeps your head dry.
You wear it, because you already lost it.
What is it?