• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT II Help Required

Reaction score
Hey All,

Well i am giving SAT II this year on 3rd December. I'm already done with my Alevels and now on a gap year. :p

I have started preparing for the SAT II Subject Test in Physics, Chemistry and Maths Level IIC but i need help regarding which book to study from. I am currently studying from Barrons but i'm still confused if it really is the best book for studying for SAT II. I have 6th Edition of Chemistry, 7th Edition of Maths level IIC and 8th Edition of Physics so do i need to buy the new 9th Edition of all these barron's book since they are already out or do i need to change from barron and should start studying from Princeton Review or Kaplan?

Do kindly help me out. I need to score high in SAT to secure my admission next year in Nust atleast. :p

And do post your scores and the books you have studied from and the span of time you took to prepare for your SAT II test.

I hope i have enough time till 3rd December to prepare and score high (InshAllah).

Reaction score
hey i am also giving SAT in dec and i am studying Barron 9th edition for same subjects. most of the syllabus content is of A level so revise Alevels when you study from SAT book. study hard you will probably get good grades :)

Reaction score
I'm looking for Physics, Chemistry and Maths Level IIC SAT II Subject test books of The Princeton Review.
Couldn't find them here in the local market. If anyone has them then please let me know. The Edition doesn't really matter if its used but i need the original ones. Not the local shit.

And if someone could please tell me if i can somehow get an e-book of the above required books, I would be most thankful to him.

Please do reply urgently.

Reaction score
Edifier said:
I'm looking for Physics, Chemistry and Maths Level IIC SAT II Subject test books of The Princeton Review.
Couldn't find them here in the local market. If anyone has them then please let me know. The Edition doesn't really matter if its used but i need the original ones. Not the local shit.

And if someone could please tell me if i can somehow get an e-book of the above required books, I would be most thankful to him.

Please do reply urgently.

Come to this topic

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11677

Reaction score
Don't go for books by TPR, they're beyond pathetic. They could only be helpful if you're going for their classes. Because it's set up that way. Go for Barrons. Atleast you'll have a sense of relief that you're not missing anything out.

Reaction score
But i now have already gotten the TPR. :/
And i'm even studying from it but first i read a chapter from TPR, then from spark notes (the same chapter) plus i have the syllabus open next to me the whole time. So i don't think i would be missing out on any topics by doing this now would i?

And the negative point of studying from the barron's for me was that i don't have very good concepts of my Alevels so i needed a book which would clear out my concepts by teaching me the basics about that chapter first and then move on, and The Princeton review does all of that. :D

And i have heard from alot of people that barron's has alot of extra topics in it. It's more like overloaded with alot of stuff that you go through and it doesn't even come in the exam.

Reaction score
I want your help guys...
I m wishing 2 appear for SAT II subjec tests...But I don't have Passport.Does that matter?? Need i get one to be able to sit for the exam??
I have my citizenship certificate ??? Won't it do?? I am from Nepal and
This link says http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sa ... -checklist
that Passport is needed for Nepal....
Plzzz help..

Reaction score
Take something that PROVES you identity. An ID card will do. But you should really check with the center from where you're appearing.

Reaction score
For physics it's a new world if you only do A'levels. There are many topics we don't study in Cambridge syllabus but are in Physics, same for biology.
Barrons is a good book. Do go through the unknown topics in that book ; very important!