• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT advice please

Reaction score
Guys (and girls too :p), em planning to go to petroleum engineering. I hav just given my AS lvl exams. I wanted to ask that should i appear for SAT? If yes then which one, SAT 1 or 2?
P.S. i am not sure that i'll go to USA for studying. the chances are i'll stay here in Pakistan or probably go to UK. should i still gie SAT? Do pakistani unis consider SAT? or should i just give it only once em sure about applying to america?
reply asap. thnx :)

Reaction score
If your going to america you definately need sat1 and sat 2.
If it's for pakistan it's always good to give the sat,sat 2
But uk doesn't need sat at all.

Reaction score
If your going to america you definately need sat1 and sat 2.
If it's for pakistan it's always good to give the sat,sat 2
But uk doesn't need sat at all.
bt the thing is i don't know myself whether i ll go to america or not. I ll do it only of i get a scholarship. so em pretty confused about appearing for sat1. some would say take a leap and check if u can get a good score but it also involves a lot ov money so i cant give it just to try my luck! :p

Reaction score
hey.
even if its expensive, in my opinion its always best to give the SATs! it only adds points to your case, even if you're not planning to go to USA. and yes, a lot of Pakistani unis these days look for your SAT score, and they see it as a plus point to your A Levels grades. you should definitely give them...SAT 1 ni tou SAT 2 hi dedo! besides, the more knowledgeable the better the candidate, right? :p

Reaction score
And can anyone tell me if its true that the later you register for the SAT, the farther your exam center tends to be? geographically speaking.. :p

Reaction score
And can anyone tell me if its true that the later you register for the SAT, the farther your exam center tends to be? geographically speaking.. :p
lol, never heard about that kinda thing but it doesn't make sense, does it? :p
u say they add points to ur case? well they do this only if u get a score to be proud of :p

Reaction score
lol, never heard about that kinda thing but it doesn't make sense, does it? :p
u say they add points to ur case? well they do this only if u get a score to be proud of :p
it doesn't make sense, yes..but i know for a fact that its true! :/ at least, it is true where i live. -.-
lool haha, but even with an average score they should appreciate you..at least you had the nerve to appear for the SATs. :p

Reaction score
it doesn't make sense, yes..but i know for a fact that its true! :/ at least, it is true where i live. -.-
lool haha, but even with an average score they should appreciate you..at least you had the nerve to appear for the SATs. :p
haha. never thought of it that way. yes i hav the nerve to appear for SAT..well i guess so :p

Reaction score
whats the difference between SAT 1 and SAT 2?
please help me out...

Do GIK,NUST, PIEAS or IBA demand SAT scores?

Reaction score
whats the difference between SAT 1 and SAT 2?
please help me out...

Do GIK,NUST, PIEAS or IBA demand SAT scores?
sat 1 is the aptitude test which tests ur english and maths skill. sat 2 is the subject test which tests ur knowledge about the subjects which u choose to take ur test in. u can get more info from the collegeboard website.
dont know about PIEAS and IBA but u can apply to NUST and GIK through SAT. they dont, really, demand you to take sat test. It just is an alternative to apply through. u can apply through sat basis as well as take there entry test. they ll consider ur application twice (on both the applications)