• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

sample practice essay - total words: 217, Need people to read

Reaction score
Okey i see, what effective informative can you give me for the reading section, i am very poor in that since ive stopped reading and i dont understand big words whe they are used in senteces alot, cant analyze sentences sometimes.

I didn't really study or dwell much on the reading section. If you have trouble reading then you need to practice more as there's no other way to approach it :/ One thing you should try to do is try to find exact words from the question in the passage as they sometimes do that, which greatly helps you answer questions. Sometimes they're worded differently and you won't be able to match quickly, but I suggest you read each question first and then go back to the passage to find its answer. I can help you with any specific passage by explaining any question you don't understand or can't find the answer to, that's the least I could do I guess?

Reaction score
guys I wrote another essay which I would like all of you to read and comment. All comments, suggestions and ideas will be appreciated.

this is for the ielts writing task 2 (academic module)
the question is :

Many people believe that women make better parents than men and that is why they have the greater role in raising children in most societies. Others claim that men are just as good as women at parenting. Write an essay expressing your point of view. give reasons for your answer

A parent is someone who brings their children up to their best abilities, who try to become role models in their children's lives and influences them to be obedient, well behaved and trustworthy etc. I strongly believe that no one does a better job at raising kids than women.
Women in our society and generally hold such valuable abilities, that most of us fail to recognize and acknowledge them. They have a tendency to multi-task when it comes to raising their kids. The love and care they provide and the way they apprehend their kids is unmatched significantly. Whereas a father is prone to being swamped with work, therefore does not give quality time to his kids. even if time is not the issue, a father does not conceive what their child goes through and neglects the problem instead of discussing it.
however we cannot disregard the presence of a father in a child's life, not every father has similar characteristics. their role is just as strong and admired as a mothers existence. Even though they are very much relaxed and laid back compared to women, there is one thing that they overcome, and that is the dedication and adherence that they offer.
At the end of the day, both figures are equally essential in the process of raising a child, if both fulfil their responsibilities proportionally, then a balance harmony is created within the society.

word count : 230

I can tell some of my flaws right now, and I would help if you guide me and give me good ideas to fix some of my mistakes.! thankyou all.

Reaction score
Wrote another essay
Word count: 249
Question: Children should never be educated at home by their parents. Do you agree or disagree?

Education is a key element to success and everyone we know is well aware of that fact. schools are merely established just so children are educated under one roof in the supervision of professionally trained teachers. Parents should not take the responsibility of teaching their children at home, Instead they should let the school fulfil their responsibilities and roles.

Children being taught at home restricts them from being social with other kids of similar age and academic level, thus causing the child to be less social and less confident. interaction is a key element in creating a learning process for children and if they are taught at home, then consequently it will lack this component. It also prohibits them from having a learning environment, which is compulsory for a child to learn with interest.

however there are some benefits to having kids being taught at home because it sometimes enables them to freely study and learn without distractions, which is a big factor in kids not studying these days. Avoidance of a certain environment can also be achieved if kids are home-schooled, which can unknowingly divert the student's attention in a positive way.

Parents should realise that it's not their duty to teach their kids and its best to have them study in a learning environment where they can communicate with teachers and other students, this helps them gain a lot of confidence and boosts their morale in showing their best abilities.

Reaction score
And this essay too
Was wondering if I will get penalised if my essay is 4-5 words longer? Because this one is 254 words

Some people believe that computers are more a hindrance than a help in today's world. Others feel that they are such indispensable tools that they cannot live without or work without them. In what way are computers a hindrance? What is your opinion

Every technology that is created, no matter what it is, comes with some benefits and drawbacks. It Is sensible to view these elements logically when using them or else they tend to get the better of you. Computers do come with some cons but we should negate the shortcomings and take advantage of the benefits that they have to offer by using them in a reasonable manner.

Computers have revolutionised the world as we know it. The fact that it makes work easier is still something that we all greatly appreciate. It has established a system for people to work faster and efficiently, which saves up time and money. Since the majority of our people utilise this piece of technology, hence it has made it very easy for people to work at home and maintain their employment status, thus increasing the employment rate.

Overuse of computers can severely cause health problems such as eye sight, joints and back stiffening etc. we invest so much of our time on computers nowadays that we forget that we have others things on the agenda. Every piece of technology is prone to breaking down sometime, and when this does, it also stops the flow of work for people who solely rely on computers to do their work

At the end of the day computers are a man made technology, they will have some pros and cons, but how you use it matters the most, and that's what we should improve our selves on, rather than emphasising its flaws.

Reaction score
If anyone has read the three essays that I have posted then please let me know why you think about them and what band score would I get if you judge ur assessment on these essays.

Reaction score
Another essay that I've done
Word count: 252

In your opinion what factors contribute to a good movie

A good movie is something that we all have a different image and perspective of. However there are some common factors that should exist and should be taken into account when making a good movie.

one of them is the plot; the story line. It has to be deeply thought out, and should be in lined with the producer's vision, depending on what theme he/she choose. The planning phase has to be organised systematically for instance by having frequent crew meetings to ensure everyone is performing the task at hand etc.

Another way of establishing a good movie is the way the actors are chosen to act. Again it should be thought out carefully. Having proper actors play the roles, will be a significant step and the more time consumed on this stage of the phase is crucial to the image that the producer is trying to project.

Having a good team with you who is flexible and hard working is an imperative factor which should not be avoided. A film is only good as its workers and the more capable they are, the better and efficient the working environment will be. The more motivated they are the better the work will be produced, and this surely does impact on the movie itself because it indirectly shows how much effort there has been applied throughout.

These two components are one of the many ways of successfully structuring a movie and it is vital for the filmmaker to follow these.

Reaction score
I think almuhannadi covered up a lot of the important aspects really well. But I'll just briefly state what i think you could do better. One tip that i find really helpful with essay writing is "Focus on the don't s first and then focus on your do's". In other words, cut out all the bad stuff you are doing to start with, THEN, try to incorporate advanced techniques that'll really put you up there.

I'm gonna take your last essay as a example here. Your first sentence of the essay should briefly answer the question/ state what you are going to talk about later in the essay. In your case, your first sentence isn't doing that. It should look something like this:

"The success of a movie is determined primarily by three factors; the movie's plot, the quality of acting and lastly the work ethic of the working team".