• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Private Registration

Reaction score
i am also a private Canditate , and they asked my passport number , u give it too

Reaction score
Guys the problem is i am a minor(under 18) so ain't got a NIC, and about the passport , unfortunately i ain't got one , but as in i am going to appear in November/December 2011 for my extras(O level) and have problems in registering,

Should i apply for a passport or is there any other way?
If i apply for a passport , how much time it would take and what about its fees?

guys my cousins have outstanding o level results,

One got 12As and is going to oxford this year
The other one achieved A*s and is thinking of giving more.

I just want to give even more then that, about 16-18 subjects or even more, so it secures my position if i apply in a good university in future and plus a chance of a scholarship :).

Guys i need your help so please answer all my questions to solve my problems,Thanks :).

Reaction score
Assalamualaikum. I did my registration for O levels yesterday for May/June. Thing is, you definitely need passport/CNIC. But as we are all minors, we do not have CNIC, so Passport is needed. A copy of the passport has to be sent with the form which will be sent to British Council through Standard Chartered bank. The real passport will be needed for examinations, and one has to take them to the hall, as the Passport is the only ACCEPTED proof of identity by the British Council. Moreover, along with the Passport copy, the Passport number also has to be written on the form. As you might know, the registration deadline is 10th Feb, but after that, you can also register, upon paying the penalty fees. I am not sure whether you can register for Oct/Nov session after the May/June session, but if you can not, then you need to make passport on urgent basis, and sent the registration, and most probably will have to pay a penalty fee of around 3000 per subject. If you can send the registration for Oct/Nov after the May/June session, then you need not worry, and can make passport easily.

So what i am saying is, ask any British Coucil Office whether you can apply for the Oct/Nov session after the May/June session ends. If they reply in the positive, then you can wait. If not, then make a passport.

I hope that you will comprehend what i am trying to say. Just ask someone from the British Council.

Reaction score
yeah i can register later for nov/dec sessions, yar can you temme how much does it cost for making a passport?

Reaction score
Sorry buddy, I have no idea. My passport was made in 2005, and its actually gonna expire in July, a month after the session ends :p.

Reaction score
hey... go easy on registrations. You have plenty of time for registrations of winter session. Get yourself a passport which should cost around PKR10,000. Secondly, if you are even planning to appear in the summer session then as earlier said by someone, you can apply till mid march (plz check on with www.britishcouncil.org.pk) by paying penalty fee which is PKR 3750 only.
As for the passport you can get either Very Urgent or else Normal made. Very Urgent although costs more but IA you'll get it within 15 days. the other one takes atleast 40 days.
Good Luck,

Reaction score
this cost of passport is a rough estimate. It would be best if you visit the passport office (i.e. located at the back of Sindh High Court) and collect the details.
And as for penalty fees, they keep on increasing as the time passes. And best for this is you visit www.britishcouncil.org.pk
Dude, these are your lifetime decisions. Don't waste time on collecting information from secondhand sources. Get to the real work! :)

Reaction score
an urgent one costs about 3000 rupees and i got mine made under 3 days
but urs wud probably take 7-10 days