• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

O level or Metric?

Reaction score
I am currently a student doing O levels but I am a bit confused at what other people say about it.My career choice is a dentist but other people are saying that in order to become a dentist or take part in any medical field you must complete your metric then FSc.I am trying to do O levels then FSc but I am still confused.Is A levels okay for dentistry or FSc after O levels?

Reaction score
I would definetly raise my opionions in favour of the British education system. O levels and then A levels. Matric and FSc is "Ratta" and doesn't involve any learning. or should I say "applying Knowledge to help solve problems".

Reaction score
I suggest you currently continue your o'levels and then switch to f.sc after completing your o'levels .

F.sc would be recommended if you want to do dentistry from pakistan . A'levels would be great but of little use in the MCAT .

You need to see the bigger picture .

Reaction score
Well.....people I have the same problem...I am in the last year of O-levels and really confused about doing A-levels or FSc next?.......I am also depending on my upcoming result!.....please give me a good advise...as I am hoping to choose being a dentist in my career.

Reaction score
Well.....people I have the same problem...I am in the last year of O-levels and really confused about doing A-levels or FSc next?.......I am also depending on my upcoming result!.....please give me a good advise...as I am hoping to choose being a dentist in my career.
U have two choices.
If ur in pakistan and u do FSc u will be at advantage. But there is no learning in that, just "ratta" and all that.
If u do A levels u will be at disadvantage, but there will be real learning. U would actually know what u r doing.

Reaction score
U have two choices.
If ur in pakistan and u do FSc u will be at advantage. But there is no learning in that, just "ratta" and all that.
If u do A levels u will be at disadvantage, but there will be real learning. U would actually know what u r doing.
That is the actual point really disturbing me as I cant do all this RATTA crap!...I had studied all my school life only understanding the concepts....and then the sudden move to FSc means learning each and every thing word to word...and on the other hand doing A-levels and then giving entry-test is nothing such save and sound!

Reaction score
ok, here is the solution, Why don't u do A levels and apply for universities like Aga khan ? Also appear for SAT examinations?