• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

NTS, MCAT and Shifa queries

Reaction score
A quick explanation. Concerning uni applications, I'm not that familiar with the system and after a lot of research, have a few questions about various tests.

Firstly, what is the MCAT? Which board is it administered by? Which medical colleges is it the entrance test for? What is RMC's entrance test?

Is NTS/NAT the same test as MCAT or are they different?

On Shifa's website they have said that their entry test will be administered by NET. Am I right in assuming this to mean that the entry test is NAT. If this is the case then what is the best way to prepare and where are previous NAT papers available from.

Various sources tell me that all medical colleges in Pakistan do the same eentrance test. However, the fact that MCAT and NAT exist clearly contradicts this infomation. Could someone could clarify this.

Serious replies only please, and thanks for taking the time. It's really appreciated :D

Reaction score
What is the MCAT?
You're referring to the Punjab MCAT. It's an entrance test administered by the University of Health Sciences, or UHS. The material tested is the stuff you're taught in Fsc or A levels. It's not equivalent to the US MCAT, which requires four years of college. You need to take the MCAT if you want to apply to any government medical college in Punjab. Additionally, if you want to take the MCAT, you must be domiciled in the Punjab( not too sure about this part though, but you must take it if you want to enter any Punjab government medical college). Many private universities in the Punjab also ask you to take the MCAT in addition to their own entrance tests.
What is RMC's entrance test?
Probably just the MCAT since RMC is a government medical college. Check out their website, though.
Is NTS the same as the MCAT?
I'm not sure about this, but I think it is a sort of common admissions test administered in Pakistan. Primarily for people in Gilgit and other areas which don't use the MCAT or ETEA etc. Each province has its own medical college entrance test. I know there's one for Punjab and NWFP. But I'm not entirely certian about the NTS. I'm not taking it.
Shifa requires the NET?
They have their own entrance test. I don't think they require the NET. In any case, you shouldn't worry. All these tests are the same. Just use your SAT books and cram your Fsc books. A levels wont help, trust me -_-
Various sources tell me that all medical colleges in Pakistan do the same entrance test. However, the fact that MCAT and NAT exist clearly contradicts this information
I have no idea what you mean :p

Reactions: omg
Reaction score
NAT is National Aptitude Test and is administered by NTS which takes tests for a wide range of sectors besides Medicine, all across Pakistan
MCAT is Punjab-specific, medicine-specific, and administered for government colleges only.

Reaction score
Shifa requires the NET?
They have their own entrance test. I don't think they require the NET. In any case, you shouldn't worry. All these tests are the same. Just use your SAT books and cram your Fsc books. A levels wont help, trust me -_-

On Shifa's site it says that their test is administered by NET. Does that mean it is the NAT?

Reaction score
On the Shifa form,if I upload my equivalency certificate,do I need to upload my O/A-level grade certificates too?
I have an overall good average,but some of the individual grades will not look good on an application form.

Reaction score
On the Shifa form,if I upload my equivalency certificate,do I need to upload my O/A-level grade certificates too?
I have an overall good average,but some of the individual grades will not look good on an application form.

Uploading stuff is optional for local students. You don't have to show them your grades if you don't want to. How are you preparing for the entrance test?