• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Medical University choice and admission test

Reaction score
Hey guys!!! whats up!! Assalamu Alykum
those of you who are trying to get into Univerisities by 2012 in medical can post your choices here!!!
and dont hesitate if you want to include Oxford and Cambridge!!!
go ahead and apply...the rest id for Allah to decide you try your best
REMEMBER your AS grades alone wont help you to get into a place!!!
also gice suggestions for the admission test you wanna give :D
cheers

Reaction score
Although a good AS grades shows the excellent potential of the candidate most of the universitites, take a holistic approach to select a candidate, so if u have good AS grades along with other things the university is looking for, the chances for you to be selected for interview increses a lot!!!!!

Reaction score
SubhanAllah......u did woonderful, i wish i could have done wonderful as well

Reaction score
Hi sadman-

I am thinking of starting out with an associate degree in nursing. This will give me a good understanding of the medical field and will allow me to further decide which nursing field I would like to specialize in. I think it is good to get a feel of the field you will be working in before making a career decision that will affect the rest of your life. What do you all think of this plan?

Reaction score
Good choice good choice!!
if you u dont mind me asking...would please tell me what encouraged you to choose this subject?

Reaction score
Well i am also going to apply in Cambrige university Entry test for the year 2012 and i am preparing its entry test with the help of NTS and really they so much helpful through can i prepare all entry papers easily and thanks for your post here

Reaction score
BTW mehamgul101
What us NTS??? and yes BMAT is also coming too! I have practiced some question before but now i am going to be a bit more regular about practicing it.
What else did you do? you can pm if you wish

Reaction score
As a physical therapist that interacts with doctors on a regular basis I am amazed that medical school admissions does not in some way include some type of a interpersonal component. The most common complaint I hear from my patients about their doctors are their lack of interpersonal skills. The ability to listen, empathize, and communicate in a way patients can understand are skills that do not seem to be valued in medical schools. A good doctor is not just a doctor that can make an accurate diagnosis but listen to and communicate with their patients.

Many study resources are available for candidates in the website of the MCAT. But for scoring excellent mark in the entrance exam, first of all candidates must stay organized. All candidates must learn what you can learn about the medical profession. You need to keep in touch with quality medical essays and recourses. Keep a calendar for studying. Study all the subjects with full attention. Be devoted to what you are doing.

Best wishes. Have a Great Day... :good:

Reaction score
@soniabraod
That is an excellent information you have provided. I feel people should be trained professionally on that behalf. Not all can behave in a nice manner( or rather they may not want to!) and for that we should be trained professionally. I have seen doctors really being rude and very unprofessional. Many just not want to work with the patient's best interest. That is just very sad when you not try to follow the ethical guidance. I am not a doctor yet but I do read the ethical guidance by GMC.