• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MCAT --- monsterous--creepy--aching...toxic exam....what do i do? :S

Reaction score
i will try to answer some of your questions,only related to mcat.
for mcat the test is usually held in September or late august , so after your alevels you have plenty of time. start doing fsc books right after your last alevel exam. download the syllabus given by uhs and follow that. first cover the common topics of fsc and alevels and thn do the rest. for english vocabulary its better to start now. you can easily cover fsc books in three months.
and for resources there is facebook page "entry test preparation" they have all the resources. rest fsc books and your alevels one are enough.
and suggestion is that get high marks in mcat! thats it. it is doable for alevel students.
and the weightage for nust med is ssame 50% test 40% fsc/alevel and 10% matric/olevel
thank you very much :)

Reaction score
You will have a diminished equivalency due to your grades in O'levels but you can cover it up with a good MCAT score. There are many options. You can apply to private medical universities and if not that then apply in other universities in subjects such as Biotechnology and other stuff if this is what you are interested in.
As far as I have heard, the next AKU test will be in June i.e. after your A2 exams so start preparing immediately after you are done with your A2 exams. As for MCAT and NUST, you can prepare together as you've got to study the fsc books for both. But concentrate on the MCAT syllabus more. I believe 2 months are more than enough. But different people may take more time to adjust themselves to the different style of study. The last week or two before the exam is most important. So make sure you don't slack then.
I didn't come accross any website or such. All I studied were the FSC books. I did go to KIPS but like I said it was useless. I would recommend the KIPS books, though. Eventhough, the books were totally summarised version of the FSC books but they did make rote learning much easier due to the efficient style of writing. But they are in no way an alternative option to the FSC books due to the missing information.
You can download the sample paper of AKU test from their website. And who says the interview is horrible? There are two interviews and the best thing about them is that they are 1 on 1 interviews. So you get a chance to be frank. The interviews are all about you, your family, your interests and stuff that you have done in your life. The only thing that gets you in trouble are lies. Make sure you avoid them. Be yourself.
No, there is no perfect recipe. Everyone has their own way of studying. Even if I was able to figure out the perfect recipe, it might not work for you. So just believe in yourself and give your best. You might ace the tests.
thank you for the guidance ..i hope it helps others too .. :)