• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

MBA for Engineering??

Reaction score
Guys I have heard that students going into Engineering have to do MBA aswell in order to get good jobs. But I dont get it, I mean what does business have to do with engineering?? And is it really necessary for a person to do MBA in order to get good jobs in lets see in Electrical Engineering?... And if we dont then does it really make a big difference?.. Help me guys.

Reaction score
When people say good post, they mean the post of financial adviser, manager, president, etc of some company. Because these post are all managerial, you have to do MBA if you want to get them. But MBA is not at all required for engineering jobs.

Reaction score
good information destined007 , but this means that MBA then engineering then good jobs ?/ :p :)

Reaction score
yeah kinda.
Usually managerial jobs are highly paid. But this doesn't mean engineers don't earn well. for eg petroleum engineering is considered as one of the highest paid jobs.

Reaction score
So Engineers have a good chance to end up doing MBA and going for managerial jobs after their eng... MBA Executive classes are mainly filled with all kind of engineers. :0

Reaction score
MBA is the best way to open a wide range of job opportunities...presently the business field is going on a tough competitions..so the employer will choose right strategic candidates only...:)

Reaction score
Guys I'm still very confused about this topic. I mean what is the use of doing Engineering (which isn't that easy) to end up doing MBA (relatively easy) later on in life??? I mean if organizations want a more "Business Managerial" person than just an "Engineer", then isn't it better that I go for Business Management side as I'll be having better job opportunities there??

Reaction score
usmanmahmood said:
Guys I have heard that students going into Engineering have to do MBA aswell in order to get good jobs. But I dont get it, I mean what does business have to do with engineering?? And is it really necessary for a person to do MBA in order to get good jobs in lets see in Electrical Engineering?... And if we dont then does it really make a big difference?.. Help me guys.
actually its jus that you should know both the fields..technical as well as management..thats why engineering and then MBA is preferred

Reaction score
Hmm... & guys tell me about the scope of Electrical Engineering in Pakistan. Which one would you prefer regarding jobs, Electrical Eng or Business Management??