• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS Sat

Reaction score
Salam.
I'm an international student and am planning to apply to LUMS BSC accounting and finance. My Olevel grades were 5a* 1a and 3b while my AS results were 3a's and 1b. However, my SAt preperation have been horrible and I'm expecting a below average score when I give my SAT this Nov IsA.
Would I be able to get in Lums solely based on my A level result, if I hopefully, get 3A's in A2 inshaAllah? I won't be applying for financial aid, i'm willing to pay the full fees.
Also, I'm also planning on applying to Notthingam university in Malaysia. Any idea how does this university compare to LUMS?

Reaction score
Lums does not admit you on Alevel scores a BBC is enough for them. They admit you on your Olevel (7A's or above) and their LCAT if you perform it well. Since you are an international one, you'll have to do SAT a bit above average.

Reaction score
I got 5 a* and 1a in Olevels, so would this mean I'm not eligible? :S
Is it possible for me to give SAT again on Jan and still meet the deadline?
I just checked their deadlines and it's confusing.
As quotes from their website " Applicants residing outside Pakistan and currently studying or having completed their last year of schooling abroad are required to submit official results of the SAT Reasoning Test (SAT I). Applicants need to take the SAT Reasoning Test (SAT I) through CollegeBoard, USA latest by January 28, 2012 in order to be considered for admission."

Reaction score
Then they go on to say that all documents including SAT scores should be sent by January 12. How are we to send our SAT scores by January 12 when we are getting our SAT results at the end of the month :S So what is it, January 12th or 28th?

Reaction score
And plus, why are the dates still in 2012, haven't they released the 2013 dates and deadlines yet?

Reaction score
I got 5 a* and 1a in Olevels, so would this mean I'm not eligible? :S
Is it possible for me to give SAT again on Jan and still meet the deadline?
I just checked their deadlines and it's confusing.
As quotes from their website " Applicants residing outside Pakistan and currently studying or having completed their last year of schooling abroad are required to submit official results of the SAT Reasoning Test (SAT I). Applicants need to take the SAT Reasoning Test (SAT I) through CollegeBoard, USA latest by January 28, 2012 in order to be considered for admission."

Hmph! i guess it means you submit all your certificates by 12th, and SAT when it's result comes. However, do make a call in the admission office or ask someone around. :)
coming to the other question, i didn't say that you're ineligible, but the facts from people who entered Lums had not less than 7, a veryy few had 6 A's.
Why don't you give environmental management in november? It's a very easy subject and will secure your admission at least (y)

Reaction score
if you can pay all the fee for lums, then minimum of BBC grades in a-levels is fine

I guess a 1900 in SAT1 will be suffice (im attaching two documents for SAT1 in case you need them)

Attachments

• Grammar.pdf
    766.1 KB · Views: 489
  • grammarfocus.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 460
Reaction score
Hmph! i guess it means you submit all your certificates by 12th, and SAT when it's result comes. However, do make a call in the admission office or ask someone around. :)
coming to the other question, i didn't say that you're ineligible, but the facts from people who entered Lums had not less than 7, a veryy few had 6 A's.
Why don't you give environmental management in november? It's a very easy subject and will secure your admission at least (y)
I guess it's too late for me to give any subject in November and I probably can't anyway :/

if you can pay all the fee for lums, then minimum of BBC grades in a-levels is fine

I guess a 1900 in SAT1 will be suffice (im attaching two documents for SAT1 in case you need them)

Thanks for those documents. Do you think it's possible for me to give SAT again in January ( I probably won't be able to get a 1900 score this November) and still make the deadline for LUMS admission?

Reaction score
i think you can (just send LUMS your code or enter LUMS code in SAT collegeboard thing. There is an option like that, where you send your SAT score to your university). DO CONTACT LUMS ABOUT IT. Anyway most of time universities can give you some sort of breathing space BUT DO TALK TO THEM!

as far as january is concerned register now (seats can fill up quickly). Log on to collegeboard now to see for your country (by default they show for USA, see dates for your residence country)

if ur a foreigner living in lahore chose chouiefat or lums as ur test centre (not marriage halls, they have pathetic tables, they just collapse if u put both ur hands on them)