• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Homosexuality and Islam

If you were gay would you come out to your parents?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know this is a controversial subject esipcally among muslims. This thread is NOT to encourage homosexuality but rather as place where we can discuss its implications on the society and youth.

I know there is gay muslims out there whether they say it or not they are there. Homosexuality is NOT a choice, these people did not choose to be gay nor did they want to. Sexuality is something you are born with and you can't change no matter how hard you try. So don't be afraid or ashamed that god created you like that god is simply given you the greatest test in life to test your faith and islam.

Just remember you were​
born_this_way_lyrics_part_1_by_gaga_fanno1-d39dcgn.jpg

Reaction score
I know this is a controversial subject esipcally among muslims. This thread is NOT to encourage homosexuality but rather as place where we can discuss its implications on the society and youth.

I know there is gay muslims out there whether they say it or not they are there. Homosexuality is NOT a choice, these people did not choose to be gay nor did they want to. Sexuality is something you are born with and you can't change no matter how hard you try. So don't be afraid or ashamed that god created you like that god is simply given you the greatest test in life to test your faith and islam.

Just remember you were​

if he created those people this way then why he made homosexuality haram and then why does quran says in various places that all the bad stuff (related to religion) that happens to a person is all his own fault ??? and why do science says that homosexuality is a devastating thing ???

Reaction score
if he created those people this way then why he made homosexuality haram and then why does quran says in various places that all the bad stuff (related to religion) that happens to a person is all his own fault ??? and why do science says that homosexuality is a devastating thing ???

as for me i think that being gay is a test (balaa) from god to test your iman i have actually found many muslims that pray everyday that they wish they weren't gay and that god would help them through this test they are having and they know that if they come out there will be serious concecuence

if you really think they chose to be gay then i just have 1 question to you: When did you chose to be straight ang why?

Reaction score
You shud have also included Heterosexuals ? =/
As this Type is also prevailing in our society.

why would a heterosexual come out to his parents? This is "expected" of them by the parents like you don't go to your parents and say mum, dad i am straight

it just doesn't work like that :D

Reaction score
as for me i think that being gay is a test (balaa) from god to test your iman i have actually found many muslims that pray everyday that they wish they weren't gay and that god would help them through this test they are having and they know that if they come out there will be serious concecuence

if you really think they chose to be gay then i just have 1 question to you: When did you chose to be straight ang why?

Quran say that first homosexuals .. the qoum of loot Chose to be gay and went against nature
Science says that a number of reasons induce homosexuality in a person's mindsset

and as for ur question .. i m straight coz i chose not to go against nature

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score

Just remember you were​

First, you aren't 'born this way' have you ever seen a kid heading straight to the first person of his gender he sees..? even if you say you are born with it, even then that's no excuse... you are also born naked, but you don't stay that way, do you..?? you cover up coz it's the right thing to do.
And why do you use the term 'gay muslim'... A person can't have eeman when he does this! The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The adulterer is not a believer at the moment when he is committing adultery; the wine-drinker is not a believer at the moment when he is drinking wine; the thief is not a believer at the moment when he is stealing; the robber is not a believer at the moment when he is robbing and the people are looking on.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2475; Muslim, 57).

This is one the most henious sins one can do! this is extremely abhorent, and if Allah prohibited it severely, means one can easily stay away from it as Allah never burdens a person more than he/she can bear! "Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned....." [2:186]

Now, why you started this thread 'to discuss it's implications' etc. have already been discussed in detail:
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/27176/

if you have more questions you can ask them at www.islamqa.info

this is not the place to discuss stuff like this... http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/xpf-rules.28/

Status
Not open for further replies.