• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

hmmm..how to make the best use of time :-/

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Dear all!
Assalamoalaikum!!

Well...i am here to discuss a problem which almost all of us are facing!!
As we all know ...we have got a very short time for preparation..especially A levels students!!
However inspite of knowing this ...i'm unable to utilize my time in a gud way :( Although i try and plan out everyday..but i end up doing almost nothing :(

Share ur tips and ways ..as to how you all are managing your time in an essential way and making the best use of it!!

May Allah help us all..guide us to the straight path and grant us success in this world as well as the HereAfter! Aameen!

JazakAllah Khair!!

Do leave ur comments and/or share ur ideas :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Set targets for a day; try achieving them. This way, you will not waste much time!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Nibz said:
Set targets for a day; try achieving them. This way, you will not waste much time!
:oops: i do that everyday..but...as i mentioned..end up doing almost nothing :(

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
You are making your study complex. Try to cover a 'particular topic' in as less time as possible; do not spend the whole day on just single topic. If you do the former, you will end up with something productive. If you do the later, you will feel the same as u feel now!

Reaction score
I do the same target thing. But most important is that give it the time the topic/subject really requires. Don't try to skim through the topics just for sake of finishing it on time. Make realistic goals and aims.
Extended version would be that make plan for a week. Each day plan topics and spread such in weeks time. So that you know that by the end of the week you are done with something. If you are lacking you can pace up your speed without any guilt. This way you'll end up learning also with encouragement that you are able to master your studies.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Share ur tips and ways ..as to how you all are managing your time in an essential way and making the best use of it!!
Try to work uninterruptedly; you may switch your mobile off and not taking any calls or SMS's. Exclusive attention on one chore should be the name of the game. This will improve, to a great extent, the quality of your work and may entail less time.
Try taking breaks in between... this should involve some kinda physical activity like walking et cetera, if you can manage one.
you must not consider this break as a waste of time because this is part of your schedule and is purely for one purpose -- refreshment. Refreshment greatly increases efficiency, remember this.
Try to study on a clean and tidy table..(wherever u study...that place must b clean) and try avoiding clustered study-tables.

Lastly, avoid such things which divert you from your aimed goals.. like TV, Laptop, Computers or anything that does not give you the feeling of accomplishment or satisfaction.

Hope you find these small tips helpful :!: :!:

P.S "PRAY 5 times.. and don't miss any prayer" ;)