• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

guys what is academic module and general training in ielts

Reaction score
Hi, I was reading about ielts since I am interested in giving an exam for it, and I was wondering what academic module means and general training means? and what the difference is between them.

Will appreciate a fast thorough reply.

thanks

Reaction score
The academic version of IELTS is meant for those aspirants who want to join any institution or University for professional studies regularly. Where as the general training is for working professionals or any other persons who wants to gain English knowledge but non-academically or for immigration.
The difference between two IELTS modules is that Reading and Writing tests are different in Academic and General. The Listening and the Speaking tests are the same.

Reaction score
I am definitely going for the academic version, could you please send me a really good helpful website where I can prepare for ielts :) will appreciate