• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guys does anyone have links to alot of questions on IELTS listening section

Reaction score
I need lots of links of websites where i can freely practice the listening section of ielts, with questionnaires and answers. please list a few.

thanks

will appreciate

Reaction score
Thanks for these two links, can you tell me more about the listening part of the test, i know that everyone will be lisening at the same time, in a hall, and it will only be played once, and will have 4 sections, and it will last for 30 minutes, what other tips or tricks can you give me for that section?

Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for these two links, can you tell me more about the listening part of the test, i know that everyone will be lisening at the same time, in a hall, and it will only be played once, and will have 4 sections, and it will last for 30 minutes, what other tips or tricks can you give me for that section?

Thanks

You need to focus and clear your mind. If you don't, your mind will be preoccupied with something else and you're going to miss the answer when it's said in the recording. Also, make SURE that you can hear the recording loud enough from where you're sitting. The invigilator will play a test and ask at the beginning if anyone wants it to be louder or quieter, and that's your chance to make it louder if you can't hear it clearly. You'll be given roughly 30 seconds after each section to read the questions of the next section, USE THIS TIME WISELY! If you don't, the questions coming up might confuse you. Also, the answers are heard in consecutive order, so try not to skip any questions. If you didn't hear a word clearly (e.g. due to the accent of the speaker), just make a note of what you think you heard and then if you still couldn't figure it out, write what you think you heard (better than leaving a blank answer). Also, once you hear an answer, try to write it down FAST because the next answer can be 3 seconds after it on the recording and it might slip from your mind! By the way, at the end of the test, you have 10 minutes to transfer your answers to an answer sheet, so don't worry about writing all your answers on the answer sheet in the beginning as it might confuse you, just write them on the question booklet. Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Okey, i read somewhere that when you they do go to the next section and u get ur 3 seconds, you shouldnt take the time to write ur answers on the answers sheet, instead you should read the questions, that way you will know what will be coming up. thats a good tip that i found from their. i have been doing listening tests but there are some tests which did not have the answers in consecutive order, is it just to make your practice or is it really going to be in sequence wise?

Reaction score
Okey, i read somewhere that when you they do go to the next section and u get ur 3 seconds, you shouldnt take the time to write ur answers on the answers sheet, instead you should read the questions, that way you will know what will be coming up. thats a good tip that i found from their. i have been doing listening tests but there are some tests which did not have the answers in consecutive order, is it just to make your practice or is it really going to be in sequence wise?

You get 30 seconds when you go to the next section, not 3! And no from my experience, the answers have to be heard in a sequence... Not sure about the tests you did :/

Reaction score
yeah thats a typing mistake. they were the ones i got off the internet, are the 4 sections like different types of questions, like is one all mcq's and the other fill in the blanks? or are they all in the same format?

Reaction score
yeah thats a typing mistake. they were the ones i got off the internet, are the 4 sections like different types of questions, like is one all mcq's and the other fill in the blanks? or are they all in the same format?

Yes each section has questions of a different format. They could be:

-Completing a form
-Taking notes
-Filling in a table
-Filling blanks in a flow-chart
-Completing a summary
-Multiple choice
-Arranging items in order, etc.

Reaction score
I have practiced with all of the above formats except: arranging items in order and completing a summary. Would like to know where i can practice this.

Reaction score
I have practiced with all of the above formats except: arranging items in order and completing a summary. Would like to know where i can practice this.

Don't have any online sources unfortunately, all my practice came from a book.

Reaction score
where do u have the questions ? in the text book? write them down making a pdf or word document, it will help alot people

Reaction score
Oh well that sucks, arent there any pdfs or something for this book? If you could do post some tips and tricks that they have in the book which you also found useful for all 4 sections

Reaction score
Oh well that sucks, arent there any pdfs or something for this book? If you could do post some tips and tricks that they have in the book which you also found useful for all 4 sections

I think I remember there are some tips for listening, I'll post them when I have the time.