• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Doubt about Mcat .

Reaction score
Hi everyone , I just decided to give Mcat for getting admissions in Pakistan . I am an A level student . I finished off my A level maths and physics subjects last year and got B's . This year I am going to be completing A level chemistry and Biology and hoping for A inshAllah , My doubt is how will mcat help me in my admission process as I plan to apply through a local seat , I havent done SATS . Do I still have to give all the entry tests for all the universities? And where can I give the Mcat exam in pakistan ? are the dates released yet for Mcat test of 2013 . I tried to search alot but couldnt find much information that would clear my doubt . And if I give the Mcat test from some other country will it be accepted by the pakistani universities ? or do i have to give the one from pakistan for admissions in Pakistan ? Also it says the Mcat exam for Pakistan is usually expected to be held during september , how can we apply in universities if we havent given the Mcat test as many universities open registration during July and August . Please please do reply to this ! Xtreme papers members never disappointing me so I am looking forward to a good reply ! thanks alot :D

Reaction score
Hi everyone , I just decided to give Mcat for getting admissions in Pakistan . I am an A level student . I finished off my A level maths and physics subjects last year and got B's . This year I am going to be completing A level chemistry and Biology and hoping for A inshAllah , My doubt is how will mcat help me in my admission process as I plan to apply through a local seat , I havent done SATS . Do I still have to give all the entry tests for all the universities? And where can I give the Mcat exam in pakistan ? are the dates released yet for Mcat test of 2013 . I tried to search alot but couldnt find much information that would clear my doubt . And if I give the Mcat test from some other country will it be accepted by the pakistani universities ? or do i have to give the one from pakistan for admissions in Pakistan ? Also it says the Mcat exam for Pakistan is usually expected to be held during september , how can we apply in universities if we havent given the Mcat test as many universities open registration during July and August . Please please do reply to this ! Xtreme papers members never disappointing me so I am looking forward to a good reply ! thanks alot :D

MCAT exam is in September and based on which university you get into, and which university you choose (if you have a choice), you will know where you got admitted in about two weeks I think, but universities open in November, not August.
Last year, MCAT date was about 23 September so it will be round about the same time this year.

http://ilmkidunya.com.pk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/uhs-etsyllabus2013.pdf
This is the MCAT syllabus. You do not need SATS for admission in Pakistan, unless you want to apply as a foreign student.
No, you cannot give MCAT from another country, they won't accept it.
If you're from Lahore, application forms are collected from University of Health Sciences.
This is from anwar2400 ---> https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/members/anwar2400.31365/
And you can talk to him about MCAT because he knows a lot more.
Hope this was helpful. :)

Reaction score
MCAT exam is in September and based on which university you get into, and which university you choose (if you have a choice), you will know where you got admitted in about two weeks I think, but universities open in November, not August.
Last year, MCAT date was about 23 September so it will be round about the same time this year.

This is the MCAT syllabus. You do not need SATS for admission in Pakistan, unless you want to apply as a foreign student.
If you're from Lahore, application forms are collected from University of Health Sciences.
This is from anwar2400 ---> https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/members/anwar2400.31365/
I think you got one peice of information wrong because as far as my research goes SATS is only important for students applying as overseas..
Okay so I will have to apply for the universities before hand ? and then give Mcat test ? I am really confused :( I appreciate your help though ! And I will contact that person immediately :D

Reaction score
I think you got one peice of information wrong because as far as my research goes SATS is only important for students applying as overseas..
Okay so I will have to apply for the universities before hand ? and then give Mcat test ? I am really confused :( I appreciate your help though ! And I will contact that person immediately :D
You apply for the MCAT exam first and based on what marks you get (as well as O and A level), they will probably send you a list of universities where you're eligible to apply. and then you send in the admission forms to the university you want to apply in. It all depends on merit though, you need score high in order to get into good unis.

Reaction score
Firstly are you applying for punjab unis or sindh unis !?
For punjab the mcat is held by uhs..the sylabus requirements nd documents etc etc is on their website. For applying on merit i.e. a local seat you will have to come to pakistan and appear for the test. Bring with you your o/a levrls certificates for equivalency. Remember you must have 8 O levels (bio chem phy maths eng urdu islamiay n pak studies) and 3 Alevels (bio phy chem) for applying to a local seat.

As for Sindh, gov unis in karachi such as Dow, Smc n kmdc conduct a single test. Getting accepted in any these depends on your scores. Privates unis have their own tests. For instance if you apply in five different unis you will have to appear for 5 tests, one in each uni. The subjects requirements for local seat in sindh is the same as in punjab.

I hope that helps. Any queries Im here :)

Reaction score
Hi.
I was wondering if you can help me with the whole equivalence thing. I already have my grade 10 equivalence. But i recently finished grade 12. And hopefully this year i will get it equivalized too. I am not sure how much they deduct? And it is worring me a lot. I know for grade 10 its 5%. How much is it for grade 12? And how can i calculate how much i will drop after equvilization? Thank u!
8"]MCAT exam is in September and based on which university you get into, and which university you choose (if you have a choice), you will know where you got admitted in about two weeks I think, but universities open in November, not August.

Hope this was helpful. :)[/quote]

Reaction score
Hi.
I was wondering if you can help me with the whole equivalence thing. I already have my grade 10 equivalence. But i recently finished grade 12. And hopefully this year i will get it equivalized too. I am not sure how much they deduct? And it is worring me a lot. I know for grade 10 its 5%. How much is it for grade 12? And how can i calculate how much i will drop after equvilization? Thank u!
8"]MCAT exam is in September and based on which university you get into, and which university you choose (if you have a choice), you will know where you got admitted in about two weeks I think, but universities open in November, not August.

[/quote]

have u made your equivalence?

and thanks for referring people to me

Reaction score

have u made your equivalence?

and thanks for referring people to me[/quote]

APTITUDE FEEDBACK FOR ENTRANCE TEST 2013
A compulsory feedback shall be administered to all candidates after the completion of Entrance Test 2013, collection and secure packing of the Question Papers and Response Forms. The feedback is for University and Government use only and SHALL NOT IN ANY WAY affect the merit of the candidates.
What does this mean?

Reaction score
at the end of mcat, they give us a mcq of what would you do in this scenario

questions are like
do you think that doctors should accept unfair unethical payments?

questions like these

some questions are really funny, and you will find them out after your mcat. These are just for assessing the student's perception of things.

They do NOT affect your mcat result in any way.