• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

computer studies as a career?

Reaction score
like many i gave o levels exams this may/june. after that i've thought long and hard about which career to chose.
as i researched it all comes down to what my own interest is. and it is ICT (information and communication technology)
iam a quick learner and good at computer.

since iam at the beginner level i don't know much about what fields have a good scope, $$$ and demand in pak and abroad.
i've heard about networking, programming and system annalists.
out of these and many others available what field should i chose to b on the safest side. i've heard people about working in softwware companies then resiging to make their own company. that kinda interests me.

iam asking so that i can have a goal straight away to work. put in some early efforts and and get to know alot in these stages.

what subjects should i take in A levels? my choice: phy, chemistry, math and ICT.

what university should i aim for in future. i've heard about giki and fast (i live in lahore)
that's pretty much all i have to ask right now.
i'd greatly appreciate any help that any1 would have to offer.

Reaction score
giki is known for engineering so if you want to do system's engineering than giki should be your 1st option if you want to do computer science then fast bcs 1st and giki's 2nd ...if u get into these i dont think you will have any problem with scope

Reaction score
Hello...

I want to do computer studies and as it derive me to my career.. Currently i am doing ICS 2nd part... After that i want to do Bs(CS)...