• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

An A-Level student!

Universities from which region are easier to get into?

• Punjab

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • KPK

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I think KPK students have reserved seats in Punjab I am really not sure so it will be good if u can confirm that from somewhere.
And i will be good to get more than or atleast 900/1100 after the complete equivalence of both O and A level.
NET-2 for AMC has really less seats reserved for females so it is really tough to get in.Just do as much as u can do and give the test.Secondly focus on how the question came in the paper so u get rough idea of how a entry test is.
Start preparing FSc i u havent started yet for mcat.
And dont worry or take tension because they will get u no where.U dont get many chances so keep your head in the right place and focus on the test and be confident and prepare the test in a way which satisfy u and makes u confident.And put your complete hard work in it and do give some free time to yourself if u get stressed but then do get to work back again.

Reaction score
Bio A
Chem C
Phy B
Maths C(could've done much better but a jerk was sitting next to me and he did everything humanly possible to make my paper go the worst it could!)
Pak Studies C
Islamiat C
Urdu A
English A*

Wbu? :(
U cant allow anyone to ruin your paper.Next time ask the invigilator to do something.(Atleast the British Council people are sort of co-operative)

Reaction score
Bio A
Chem C
Phy B
Maths C(could've done much better but a jerk was sitting next to me and he did everything humanly possible to make my paper go the worst it could!)
Pak Studies C
Islamiat C
Urdu A
English A*

Wbu? :(

salam

im sorry but your Olevel equivalence is not that good for a govt medical college of PUNJAB

it is so because olevel grades are very very important. U see your SSC equivalence will be added to HSSC equivalence

800 come from olevel and 300 from alevel in HSSC equivalence.

So your equivalence will be low for HSSC no matter even if u get 3A* in alevels. Please do apply to a private medical college!

read this
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/attachments/mbbs-guide-pptx.19001/

if u have any query then u can message me

Reaction score
u r not right ... in mcat the % which is taken into concinderation is like this ...

10% o levelz
40% a lvlz
50%entry test ..

i confirmed this percentages 4m my seniors who get into gov medical clgs last year ...

Reaction score
u r not right ... in mcat the % which is taken into concinderation is like this ...

10% o levelz
40% a lvlz
50%entry test ..

i confirmed this percentages 4m my seniors who get into gov medical clgs last year ...

Walaikum As Salam
Wow! That is a huge setback!
What would you recommend doing?
What are some affordable med schools of Punjab/KPK?
Are you sure I won't be able to get into a gov. college?

all of you please let me explain again

SSC counts 10%
consists of 8 subjects olevels

HSSC consists 40%
has 8 olevel subjects
has ONLY 3 ALEVEL SUBJECTS

MCAT 50%

so, if you see technically speaking Olevel counts in both SSC and contributes a major portion to HSSC equivalence!

You see I know this because I had 3A* in my alevel. I was expecting 90% equivalence in HSSC. But i got near to 88%, as in my Olevels i did not have all A*. This is because olevel grades are added into HSSC

Reaction score
After looking around at some private medical colleges, im almost certain none go below about 500,000, sorry :/ you may look yourself at some of the lower tier ones like perhaps Wah or Avicenna etc which are relatively new, and thus should have lower costs. However, Shifa, CMH, AKU etc are all above 600,000.

Reaction score
JazakAllahu Khairan!
Can you let me know of their annual fees please?
Also, can you maybe tell me about a few 'affordable' med. colleges?! :-/
Most have around theirs around 6 lacks per annum! That's way too much! :-/
Thanks again!
Shaikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan Medical & Dental College Lahore has a lower fee than 6 lakhs.The site has old fee structure and the revised fee is of about 2.5 or 3lakhs as the institute is public institute as per the court order.U can confirm it if u know someone studying there...because u might not find this info anywhere on the net.(The college may also go under UHS so u might have to give general entry test but that is not confirmed as yet)

Reaction score
but its a public college, not private, which means we can probably expect its merit to go higher now :/

EDIT: Also, its public status has not yet been confirmed

Reaction score
but its a public college, not private, which means we can probably expect its merit to go higher now :/

The public status is confirmed .Check the link below:
http://www.pmdc.org.pk/AboutUs/RecognizedMedicalDentalColleges/tabid/109/Default.aspx
(The problem is related being under federal government or punjab government).
And there is a issue regarding the fee structure as well but the fee is reduced as i said in my comment given above.

Reaction score

There are no short cuts and easy paths to good institutes so u will have to work hard to get on merit because merit is almost everywhere.

Reaction score
Lol yes I am aware of that, I was speaking in the context of this thread, as you can see the OP has about 74-75 % agg. and we're trying to help her decide where she/he might fit in :)