• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

YouTube Videos on Past Year Chemistry MCQs

Reaction score
  • Having just joined the forum not too long ago,I realised that past year MCQs have given problems to students as unlike other components, the MCQs do not come with explanations.

I intend to try out a little project where I would go through selected MCQ (chemistry) papers on YouTube.

Why this project?
  • It is easier to explain certain concepts verbally rather than typing out on a forum.
  • Sometimes, after explaining a certain question to a student, another student would ask the same question some days later. The videos would hopefully cut down on our need to retype the same solutions repeatedly.
What papers would be covered?
  • For now, the priority is the A level chemistry papers, eventually I would try to cover the O levels chemistry (if there is a demand)
  • Usually papers from the more recent years would be covered first.
How can the videos help?
  • The videos are supposed to be viewed after you have attempted the questions. Due to time constraints, there will not be in-depth discussion of concepts in the videos.

• If you do need more discussion on certain questions/concepts, do feed back to me ,either through the YouTube comments or message me through my XPC account.

Can the solutions be totally trusted?
  • Definitely not! Most of the times, the whole paper is done in one sitting, so I might not be totally coherent throughout.
  • There will always be a chance that I might make some mistakes. Do feed back to me again.
When would we know a new video is out?
  • The next post in this thread would contain the videos (and links) that are already uploaded. I would update it periodically.
  • At this point in time, I am quite occupied, the most I can aim for is one video per day till 10 June. Then it might be less frequent.
How long would I continue this project?
  • I would carry on this project until
    • I do not have the time nor energy anymore (possibly)
    • There is no demand for it. (likely so)
    • I have covered all papers (quite impossible)
Could I speak more loudly/clearer in the videos?
  • I'll try my best, but I am hesitant to give my neighbours a chemistry lecture in the middle of the night. :(
Are the videos fee?
  • Yes, at least for now (batch of June 2014 students). All you need is to be able to access YouTube videos.
  • However, once I get ALL the past MCQ papers (both A and O levels) recorded, it would be converted to a subscription plan (to be confirmed). If that does happen, I'll try to put a fair pricing on it.
  • This is because I estimated that it would take a few hundred hours of effort to get this project completed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Having just joined the forum not too long ago,I realised that past year MCQs have given problems to students as unlike other components, the MCQs do not come with explanations.

I intend to try out a little project where I would go through selected MCQ (chemistry) papers on YouTube.

Why this project?
  • It is easier to explain certain concepts verbally rather than typing out on a forum.
  • Sometimes, after explaining a certain question to a student, another student would ask the same question some days later. The videos would hopefully cut down on our need to retype the same solutions repeatedly.
What papers would be covered?
  • For now, the priority is the A level chemistry papers, eventually I would try to cover the O levels chemistry (if there is a demand)
  • Usually papers from the more recent years would be covered first.
How can the videos help?
  • The videos are supposed to be viewed after you have attempted the questions. Due to time constraints, there will not be in-depth discussion of concepts in the videos.

• If you do need more discussion on certain questions/concepts, do feed back to me ,either through the YouTube comments or message me through my XPC account.

Can the solutions be totally trusted?
  • Definitely not! Most of the times, the whole paper is done in one sitting, so I might not be totally coherent throughout.
  • There will always be a chance that I might make some mistakes. Do feed back to me again.
When would we know a new video is out?
  • The next post in this thread would contain the videos (and links) that are already uploaded. I would update it periodically.
  • At this point in time, I am quite occupied, the most I can aim for is one video per day till 10 June. Then it might be less frequent.
How long would I continue this project?
  • I would carry on this project until
    • I do not have the time nor energy anymore (possibly)
    • There is no demand for it. (likely so)
    • I have covered all papers (quite impossible)
Could I speak more loudly/clearer in the videos?
  • I'll try my best, but I am hesitant to give my neighbours a chemistry lecture in the middle of the night. :(
Thnx man
Grear job
Keep it up (y)(y)
When 2013 will be totally uploaded ???
Inshallah u will get A*

Reaction score
It would be better if you could speed up the videos a little, then you'd be talking slightly faster and the paper would be finished in a shorter amount of time.
Good job though :)

Ok, I'll try to speed up.

My idea was that students need to only watch the parts on questions which they have difficulty with, not the whole video, so I was trying to be more detailed in the explanations.

Reaction score
Ok, I'll try to speed up.

My idea was that students need to only watch the parts on questions which they have difficulty with, not the whole video, so I was trying to be more detailed in the explanations.

No, you've done well, but I'm not telling you to speed up. When you edit the video, you can change how fast the video progresses. So I was suggesting you increase that speed :)