• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which school to choose in Lahore?

Reaction score
To Mods: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please move it if it is, thanks!

I have finished my O-Level, and am awaiting the result. Meanwhile, I have to decide which school to study in for my A-Levels.

My previous school is closing, so I must choose a new school. I have no idea which school is good, so would like you to help out.

Please post with your advice about which school you think is good, if you or someone you know has had any personal experience in it, and why is it good.

I have thought about applying to LGS and Beaconhouse, but don't know which branches to apply to. Many people talk about LGS JT being the best, but it is too far from my house, nevertheless I will still consider it. How is the faculty in LGS Paragon and BDC?

Reaction score
LGS Paragon has a good faculty but as it is a new branch, it will take time before the students and the administration settle in. I dont knw anything about BDC. For me LGS JT is the best. It has a great administration which help to groom u in finest characters. Teachers r quite good. Thats all i can say.

Reaction score
These should be your top priorities for A Level:

1) LGS, Johar Town Campus
2) Beacon House School System, Gulberg Campus

Just because they have very good faculty and have top A Level results consistently!

P.S Paragon has much better faculty than BDC but almost everyone is taking admission in Paragon because it's very easy to get in. Therefore, it would be very crowded, furthermore it's a new school so it will take time for them to produce good results. So my third choice would be BDC.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
1-LGS JT
2-BDC
3-PAragon
and don't rule out LGS JT just becuz its far, 1ce u settle in, u'll get used to it...

Reaction score
well i am going in kims and the reason is that there the scholarship is good, on 6as 80 percent, and on 7 or 8 A,s 100 percent. secondly i have heard from some students of kims including my bro that the teacher facculty dre is very good , this is the main reason i am goin dre...

Reaction score
lol! dude, i just did A levels from kims.
seriously i still regret not going in gt :/
ofcourse the scholarship is awesome, faculty is good agreed! (remember they dont have a permanent chem teacher since last 2 years, due to which we had to suffer alot) but u cant compare it with JT. i still recommend u JT! btw, was ur bro in 2010 batch?

Reaction score
yes afcourse we cant compare with bdc or lgs, but still it is also a good option it is developing so one who needs more scholarship n want gud teachers shud kip in mind kims also..... , one senior from my school who scored 10 A,s in o levels and 6 A,s from kims , moved from bdc to dre because of the maths teacher dre in kims ..., and my brother was in 2008 batch n scored 4as. he was happy wid the faculty , high scholarship nd discipline in the college, then dre r extraa curricular activities also so this all makes me feel dat i shud go in kims nd i am not taking chemistry so its ok for me :)

Reaction score
2008 was 2 years ago, n i agree kims had these qualities then. but frankly speaking i didnt left kims in the condition u mentioned.a
anywas... at the end of the day, the student has to study himself. so, good luck with ur choice :)

Reaction score
Scholorship is good in LGS JT too. I think its 100 % for 8 As in O levels. I did my olevels frm JT and will now mve on to Alevels here.

Reaction score
tnx jazib... yes u guys r right at the end of the day mehnat apni hay....

Reaction score
Hi! I just want to know that from Nursery to A levels - which school is considered the best ---->beacon house canal campus or LGS JT ???
I really am confused as both schools are good. I heard BSS teachers are very experienced, cooperative and hardworking. I looked into BSS class 1 books and they are great and more on conceptual base. But I don't know about the LGS JT study pattern.
Most of you guys here are in O and A levels must have an idea about which school is better and gives the quality education.

:)

Reaction score
i also regret now to go in kims for some reasons. that is not the best option but it is a option for those who need more scholarship or don't get chance to study in top colleges + dre is decent faculty and co-curricular activities like swimming pool and table tennis tables....events are well organised. Teachers quite arrogant but good at their subject. physics, maths, accounting faculty good. rest is just ok not renowned.

Reaction score
Seriously, keep Aitchison your top priority if you have the required grades. This comes from a guy who has spent all his life at LGS, and currently doing A'levels from JT.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Seriously, keep Aitchison your top priority

Nope, only if you are a rich and spoiled brat and will easily fit in with the Ministers kids! No seriously, Aitchison used to be a great school over all, now it's all about "Status" and "Showing Off". If you are good academically and want to fit in a similar crowd, then stay away from Aitchison.

Last time I heard, they didn't provide scholarships to fresh enrolled students.

Reaction score
Yes, they don't. That's totally your opinion but you can't call every aitchisonian a spoilt brat, though I agree that there are alot of guys who have got the attitude and show off their status of being aitchisonians but the policies and administration of Aitchison is better than any other school in Lahore. There is a reason why every year many Aitchisonians get into the top universities of the world including IVYs and others. Whereas, LGS JT has failed to get even one IVY spot in the past 2 years. And A'levels is all about getting admission into the best possible university. I wouldn't like to debate on this topic. Everyone has their views, if you really require the scholarship then JT is the best place for you but you really have to fight your way through here. :)

Reaction score
dude i got a suggestion from one of aitchisons all time best graduates who had also had also won a sword of honour which they give(ask an aitchisonian its worth).He recommended me to go to JT.