• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which books should I choose for Pakistan Studies 2059 and Islamiyat 2058?

Reaction score
I have been facing this problem lately in choosing books for Islamiyat and Pakistan Studie (both history and geography). For Islamiyat, I have Ayesha Tariq's Islam in modern perspective, Farkhanda Noor, Yasmin Malik, Mustufa Draper and David Thomas's book, Saqib Muhammad Khan and Dr Habib ur Rehman's book, mastering O level Islamiyat by Muhammad Bilal Aslam and past papers of Stallion by Muhammad Shoaib in options. Now I don't which books should I choose since so many books will cause problem for myself and I found Mustufa and David's book and Saqib Muhammad Khan and Dr Habib ur Rehman's book more precise than needed, missing major information. Should I use solved past papers or go for unsolved?
In Pakistan Studies, I have Talat Rizvi's topical past papers for geography but still I can't decide between solved or unsolved owing to the fact that they are available in both. I'm only reading Huma naz's book as it contains all required information. In history, I want to know your opinions about Nigel Smith's book and Farooq Bajwa's book. Which one should I use in addition with Nigel Kelly's book?

Reaction score
Well, I would suggest you to go for it yasmin malik, farkhanda noor and mastering o level and sir muzamil notes also.This combination is so strong

Reaction score
Assalamu Alaikum,
For Geography OLevels I suggest you go for Huma Naz Sethi because that book is also used by many instructors and teacher so no issues.
For HIS OLevels I suggest go for Nigel Kelly whereas, the Farooq Naseem Bajwa is used as a reference book (Maybe not used in most schools anymore)....
We had to face the same issue deciding between Farooq Naseem and Nigell kelly.
Coz it depends on the History's o level syllabus.
So go for Nigel kelly.
And about adding it's not recommended.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have been facing this problem lately in choosing books for Islamiyat and Pakistan Studie (both history and geography). For Islamiyat, I have Ayesha Tariq's Islam in modern perspective, Farkhanda Noor, Yasmin Malik, Mustufa Draper and David Thomas's book, Saqib Muhammad Khan and Dr Habib ur Rehman's book, mastering O level Islamiyat by Muhammad Bilal Aslam and past papers of Stallion by Muhammad Shoaib in options. Now I don't which books should I choose since so many books will cause problem for myself and I found Mustufa and David's book and Saqib Muhammad Khan and Dr Habib ur Rehman's book more precise than needed, missing major information. Should I use solved past papers or go for unsolved?
In Pakistan Studies, I have Talat Rizvi's topical past papers for geography but still I can't decide between solved or unsolved owing to the fact that they are available in both. I'm only reading Huma naz's book as it contains all required information. In history, I want to know your opinions about Nigel Smith's book and Farooq Bajwa's book. Which one should I use in addition with Nigel Kelly's book?
For Pak Studies p1 Sir Mohammad Ajmal book is the best it is has more info much better then nigel kelly