• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What A Level to choose for Business career and University

Reaction score
I am Going my IGCSE exams this June. I want to go for Business career. I chose Business Studies, Maths, Psychology and Economics for A Level. Is it good? or it's a bad combo?

Reaction score
I am Going my IGCSE exams this June. I want to go for Business career. I chose Business Studies, Maths, Psychology and Economics for A Level. Is it good? or it's a bad combo?
if u want to add another; then add English or else just drop physiology.

Reaction score
i
i think ur subjects are good choices they will all help ur in their own way so go ahead

Reaction score
Instead of Psychology, Law or Sociology would be a much better choice. It is good for business managers and owners to know the laws of the country to carry out effective business. Sociology, is also the study of human society, making it much better aligned for a business wise future.

Reaction score
Instead of Psychology, Law or Sociology would be a much better choice. It is good for business managers and owners to know the laws of the country to carry out effective business. Sociology, is also the study of human society, making it much better aligned for a business wise future.
Thanks I will take it under consideration, how about Classical Civilisation, i want a broader range, and I am interested in Greek n Roman Myths

Reaction score
My advice will be to take Accounting. You can drop business studies as it is not given a high credit even though its A2 exam is quite difficult. Also, sociology instead of psychology will be better in my opinion.

Reaction score
I believe it's a good combination as you psychology is always beneficial especially if you decide to major in HR or a similar field.
It really depends on which country and which university you finally plan to go to because the requirements for each uni varies from country to country.

Reaction score
accounting can help alot but drop phsycology for sociology or law is best . Law is hard i can gaurantee that :D and socio is lenghty

Reaction score
In my opinion u should basically take on the subjects YOU find INTERESTING !
I have done sociology A level .I am doing psychology A level now along with business AS - level . A levels are bascially , in my view , need to be of those subjects that interest you . And you should only measure the subjects you pick on how much interesting , cool or enjoyable you think it will be . This will automatically be the same as you would like your career to be in .

Dont worry , if you havent taken sociology or psychology ( there is no IG for this , so lol ) in your Igcses . Most people dont and still do great in these subjects ! Psychology A level option actually has a whole option that overlaps with Business way too much ! ( Organisation option ) And Sociology as well ! So both these subjects are good for you . Both these subjects are interested in what people do and people do Business , lol .

So basically , dont get confused over socio or psycho . They are both great . Also they both help in business as well .
Economics and maths are also great for business obvioulsy .