• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

URGENT!!Please Tell me what calculators are allowed in CIE IGCSE?

Reaction score
I used the fx991ms :
closeup_fx991ms.jpg
but I think what DeadlYxDemon suggested was right, too. Lots of my classmates used that one. :D

Reaction score
You see? I went in on 6 may, P2, and went with graphics calculator. I asked invigilator and he said, no it is not allowed. I also had, Casio FX-991ES as a back-up and it is always said that it is not allowed, well, I asked him thrice and he said, believe me, it is allowed and you can use it. So, saying this calculator is allowed and that is not, it's all actually a stupid concept, people has started. All basically is that you can't take in programmable and graphical calculators. Provided that, relax and you can even take in the back-side of your calculator. That one's that you slide to open and slide to close. So, relax and enjoy. Good luck, mate. :')

Reaction score
You see? I went in on 6 may, P2, and went with graphics calculator. I asked invigilator and he said, no it is not allowed. I also had, Casio FX-991ES as a back-up and it is always said that it is not allowed, well, I asked him thrice and he said, believe me, it is allowed and you can use it. So, saying this calculator is allowed and that is not, it's all actually a stupid concept, people has started. All basically is that you can't take in programmable and graphical calculators. Provided that, relax and you can even take in the back-side of your calculator. That one's that you slide to open and slide to close. So, relax and enjoy. Good luck, mate. :')
THANKS ALL FOR YOUR ANSWERS

Reaction score
THANKS ALL FOR YOUR ANSWERS
No problem, mate. I just wanted to end all this hustle in people's mind which was in my mind, as well, but when I got to know that this myth about using this calculator and not using that calculator was false, I became very angry and promised myself, whenever I see this type of thing again, I will stand-up and will tell them the truth and the actual proof, from my experience so this bukwas topic ends and people are relaxed, not worried k kon sa calculator ly k jana hai and kon sa nahi. :)