• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent help required.Plzz help!

Reaction score
Hey guys i want to ask a few questions regarding my IELTS xam.often,when i attempt the section of writing task 2,i go way out of the word limit.like today,when i wrote an essay on the comparison of shopping in the past and modern day shopping, instead of writing near 250 words,i exceeded the limit and wrote 357 words.the question is, will i get penalized for this aspect of my writing?and the second question is:i really get confused A LOT in the differentiation between the false and not given options in the reading sections of the test?how do i improve in this?and lastly,the test i have the most problem with are the speaking tests.i often stall A LOT.how do i speak in a proper fluent way?if u cud kindly cooperate and answer all of my questions i would be extremely grateful.

Reaction score
Well, they will accept about 20-25 extra words, rest they will ignore... so try to make your essay and what not more precise! In the reading paper rather than more obvious, try reading between the line, And just practice more and more and check your own exam like a neutral teacher. Third, your speaking, well this will sound crazy but make a pen pal on Skype etc who is a fluent speaker and talk to her/him as much as possible or maybe some cousin who is abroad because speaking can only be achieved by speaking as much as possible. No books, guides, tutors can make a solution and feed you and make u speak fluent. So this is a crazy idea but its the best one.