• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu May / June 2017 Paper discussion

Reaction score
View attachment 62587 Guys I'm posting pics of an article based on the topic which came in this year's paper called PAANI KA MUHTAT ISTIMAL the article is 200 words and the the pics of the article that I'm posting is what I 90% wrote in the exam plz read the article and tell me out of 15, how much does this article deserve thnx
Isn't the directed essay writing of 150 words?

Reaction score
Ummmm ayesha it says clearly in the markscheme that examiners are allowed to read upto 200 words and ignore firther writing and y do u think it deserves 9 ? Now dnt get me wrong, just askin for ur opinion

Reaction score
image.png Wt do u think bout this article ? How much does this deserve out of 15 ? THE TOPIC IS SAYKAL KI SAWARI. Il upload pics of article in sequence plz go through it .

Reaction score
Ummmm ayesha it says clearly in the markscheme that examiners are allowed to read upto 200 words and ignore firther writing and y do u think it deserves 9 ? Now dnt get me wrong, just askin for ur opinion
did u think tht 200 is beyond the word limit thats why it deserves 9 ?
Now that you're asked IMHO, the best compositions are this that have a powerful impact on the readers, it does not necessarily need to have lost ng complex sentences but what matters is it has absolute no spelling errors and the points given r strong, good essays do not have vague, repeated, and general information
U have to make sure there are enough spelling errors and your essay is paragraphed, one para for each point...for this article there should be three paragraphs, the points should not go back and forth, the thing said in one para should not be repeated in other
Further, u can improve your essay by using idioms, a little bit of emphasis and evaluation

Reaction score
The marks I've awarded are purely out of my own judgement, someone else might consider giving you a 7 or even 13!..so u see, they don't matter...I wish that you get your desired grade and be marked leniantly and fairly
Wish you all the best for your results, once again:)

Reaction score
thnx alot ayesha , and a lil surprise 4 u . so the second article , i snapshot it from a source called www.gceguide.com from section example candidate responses. From urdu 3248 , the second article wz an average article as commented by the examiner and ull be surprised to know the candidate who wrote the second article was awarded 10/15 by the examiner !!!! go to gceguide.com , go to example candidate responses and select cie olevel , 3248 pdf and go through the answers marked officialy by cie examiners.

Reaction score
So looking at the lineancy of the examiners , especially giving a 10 to this ambiguous article , how much do u think examiner will give me like in ur opinion ??