• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu B (Second Language) tips please?

Reaction score
hey plzzzzzz can any1 tell me dat is dis a hart and fast rule or so not to use another idiom in a sentence for a given idiom like :
1.mun ki khana:mehnat sey ji churaney waley humesha mun ki khatey hain.am i now likely 2 be penalised for using another idiom dan da required one in the sentence.help plzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Reaction score
for translation if we have done all the pastpapers one is it enough???
Rabia I will suggest u to practice more as practice makes man perfect, but i am not sure about a girl or women.....
just kidding, u practice more it will help u.... examiner need only the concept of the sentence that u have got, so take your time in understanding the passage read three to four times......
first read the passage roughly then translate every sentence in your mind and third time u attempt it on your paper
this will help u alot

Reaction score
I am very fearful of the fact that many many good students get Bs in Urdu B, despite it being such an easy subject.

Anyone who has scored an A* or an A in the subject, could you please give me suggestions? Anything at all would be sooooo appreciated.
hello.. i gott A just remember one thing EASY URDU WITH NO MISTAKES.. do not leave any muhawra make sure u have done all correctly.. and you are on..:)

Reaction score
I am very fearful of the fact that many many good students get Bs in Urdu B, despite it being such an easy subject.

Anyone who has scored an A* or an A in the subject, could you please give me suggestions? Anything at all would be sooooo appreciated.
i was worse in it still got an A the rule is simple right clean

Reaction score
yes two letter words are not counted..btw what abt report patter can anyone give an example?
listen carefully, 1 letter is a letter, anything that has more than 1 letter is a word and that is counted! a senior examiner told my senior teacher(he is 75); he told us that this basic rule goes for both; English and Urdu or any other language.So do not listen "quack" teachers telling you about silly things about word count

Reaction score
oh no! wat a new prob...then is it strict that there should be exactly 150 words in essay and not a word more..and does this apply to the mukalama and letter which are of 200 words..??

btw is it okay to practice only mukalama and khat....? i am not well versed with the patter of report and speech many told me that i have a great chance of losing marks in it! is it true?

Reaction score
oh no! wat a new prob...then is it strict that there should be exactly 150 words in essay and not a word more..and does this apply to the mukalama and letter which are of 200 words..??

btw is it okay to practice only mukalama and khat....? i am not well versed with the patter of report and speech many told me that i have a great chance of losing marks in it! is it true?
what do you think the examiners count your words,they have like tons of papers in queue and they are gonna check your words! what a stupid myth made by teachers.The trick behind is that they make a rough guess like they count the words of the line with most words (just a a random line most of the time) and count your lines and simple multiply and they allow +-15words but check your words and read the syllabus.
and ya never lie
sources:
I Got an a A in urdu

Reaction score

To tell you the truth, I dindt study damn for this paper :p. The tip is to write the essays and letter etc in with correct grammar, it should be in the word limit and and great vocabulary and sentence structure. Also. dont make too much mistakes as it will cause you to loose marks. Good luck (y)
P.S: I got an A* in it, last year :D

Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I dindt study damn for this paper :p. The tip is to write the essays and letter etc in with correct grammar, it should be in the word limit and and great vocabulary and sentence structure. Also. dont make too much mistakes as it will cause you to loose marks. Good luck (y)
P.S: I got an A* in it, last year :D
Can you outline the format of report and letter for me please

Reaction score
Can you outline the format of report and letter for me please
,Address line 1
,Address line 2
,City

,Date
Dear ABC
Assalam-o-Alikum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Allah Hafiz
Faqt aap ka ----
XYZ​

Reaction score
,Address line 1
,Address line 2
,City

,Date
Dear ABC
Assalam-o-Alikum
Allah Hafiz
Faqt aap ka ----
XYZ​
Thank you! And report? Report is Taraf, Mauzoo, Report kunanda, Tareekh right

Reaction score
O
Thank you! And report? Report is Taraf, Mauzoo, Report kunanda, Tareekh right
oh I am done with urdu exam.......how did u find it guys only opinion no disclosing of topics.... I found section two alil bit tough