• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Universities Accept Private Candidate Reslut of A Level OR Not?

Reaction score
Yea buddy they do!

Well btw who told u that they dont?

And btw they have no concern with that! they only need ur results!:D

Reaction score
A student of Cambridge University who studied in my school told me not to give A levels privately coz even though universities accept private candidates, it will put me at a slight disadvantage over school candidates. Moreover, private candidates also face problems with things like transcripts, teacher's recommendation and predicted grades. So its beter to NOT give A levels privately if you wish to study abroad in countries like UK, USA, Canada, Singapore, Australia etc

Reaction score
A student of Cambridge University who studied in my school told me not to give A levels privately coz even though universities accept private candidates, it will put me at a slight disadvantage over school candidates. Moreover, private candidates also face problems with things like transcripts, teacher's recommendation and predicted grades. So its beter to NOT give A levels privately if you wish to study abroad in countries like UK, USA, Canada, Singapore, Australia etc
well my 17 couzins r studing abroad n all of them did there A levels Privately!

Reaction score
well my 17 couzins r studing abroad n all of them did there A levels Privately!
Its a slight disadvantage. If you have good grades and apply to less selective universities, you won't have much problem. But remember, if you apply in extremely selective universities which rank in the top 30, this 'private' thing will create problems.

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. There is a no-discrimination policy and universities often have the option of applying under the category of home schooled, even the top universities. As long as you have the results they don't give a damn about that.

Reaction score
Of course they do accept it. Otherwise, private entry would not have been offered.

Reaction score
But what will be with the private candidate who is studying with best teachers of their sides and familar with all the criteria.
as far as concerned with the school: school is a burden ,pressurise student by which cause they got bad grades.:)

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. There is a no-discrimination policy and universities often have the option of applying under the category of home schooled, even the top universities. As long as you have the results they don't give a damn about that.
What about transcripts, predicted grades and teacher's recommendations?

Reaction score
What about transcripts, predicted grades and teacher's recommendations?

Private candidates (similar to home schooled candidates) can still submit their official transcripts which follows the standard protocol with the graduation date, the courses taken, and an assessment of their performance (grades, comments etc.). This has to be signed by the school administrator, in this case the parents. It's the same with the predicted grades.
The teacher's recommendation must be written by a non-parent, an individual who taught the student in a formal setting but if there are none then the student must get the letter from an employer or an individual with whom he/she may have been involved in volunteer activity.

Reaction score
But the Cambridge guy from my school said top universities look down upon private candidates. He said its a disadvantage. I guess he lied. :p

Reaction score
He completed his undergraduate in MIT and postgraduate from Harvard and now he is doing Phd in Cambridge. So its kinda hard to believe that he lied. He is really helpful. So you guys beter think twice about the 'private' thing before coming to a conclusion.

Reaction score
He completed his undergraduate in MIT and postgraduate from Harvard and now he is doing Phd in Cambridge. So its kinda hard to believe that he lied. He is really helpful. So you guys beter think twice about the 'private' thing before coming to a conclusion.
hey don't be silly,its just a thread from my side for my advantage ,whatever your friend doing :his undergraduate or Phd it not concerns wdh me: but the thng which concern for me in this thread is just only your Suggestions.....
So,don't mind Bro.......:)

Reaction score
dude so now itz sure dat he did he O/A Levels in 19's so dude now itz 2012 goin!

yar zamin asman ka faraq ha!

Reaction score
hey don't be silly,its just a thread from my side for my advantage ,whatever your friend doing :his undergraduate or Phd it not concerns wdh me: but the thng which concern for me in this thread is just only your Suggestions.....
So,don't mind Bro.......:)

btw dude dix 1 was owesummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!:D