• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

unexpected result

Reaction score
hi, i got 2 As and 2 Bs at AS LEVEL...Okay my physics mcqs didnt go that well ..and i left a few parts in physics p2 but my math paper went best from all the papers..and i literally did so many past papers and worked so hard..i know the re check doesnt make much difference ..but should i go for it?really feel disheartened.. I had 7 a* 1 a at o level alhumdulilah..even my parents know i worked hard..needed 1 more A To reach the mark..took math as extra as im going for medical..i took it so that i would get A IN either math or physics..and i got in none,:(

Reaction score
hi, i got 2 As and 2 Bs at AS LEVEL...Okay my physics mcqs didnt go that well ..and i left a few parts in physics p2 but my math paper went best from all the papers..and i literally did so many past papers and worked so hard..i know the re check doesnt make much difference ..but should i go for it?really feel disheartened.. I had 7 a* 1 a at o level alhumdulilah..even my parents know i worked hard..needed 1 more A To reach the mark..took math as extra as im going for medical..i took it so that i would get A IN either math or physics..and i got in none,:(
best thing is not to go for a recheck it is to give one of the subjects again in either the oct/nov session if you can get ready that soon otherwise the may/june session and choose the subject you think you are better either maths or physics

Reaction score
In my opinion, if you are going to continue with A2, then you shouldn't worry about rechecking or re-sitting the exam. Just make sure you work harder in A2 and push your grades up to an A (or even an A* :D).
The rest is up to you..

Reaction score
If you want to get into medical in Pakistan, it's crucial that you score all A*s because of the deduction of every a* to 90% and A to 85% and later the MCAT which is quite comprehensive and is generally considered difficult by A level students. If you have a B now chances of an A* have dropped definitely but how much it's difficult to say. Ask your school for your marks, they might have them. If you lost out on an A by a few marks then just give A2. But if it's a considerable margin, then repeat those 2 subjects

Reaction score
Also I don't think that Math is even considered at the time of equivalence. They only look at the sciences at A levels for medical as far as I know so chill about math.

Reaction score
Well,the more vulnerable happened with me!
Well,all my teachers were Jst Astonished by seeing my result I'm Ungraded in all The subjects!!
Now,how lame is that?I'm the best in my school in Economics Business studies Accounts nd i was expecting B in them nd where thehell i ended up..!!!!I'm not giving it in re-check nd instead working EVEN HARDER nd appearing As again in November!!!
Tottaly unexpected!!!!

Reaction score
Well,the more vulnerable happened with me!
Well,all my teachers were Jst Astonished by seeing my result I'm Ungraded in all The subjects!!
Now,how lame is that?I'm the best in my school in Economics Business studies Accounts nd i was expecting B in them nd where thehell i ended up..!!!!I'm not giving it in re-check nd instead working EVEN HARDER nd appearing As again in November!!!
Tottaly unexpected!!!!

You claim to be the best in your school in three subjects but only expected B's in them? :p

Reaction score

I got almost the same grades 2As and a B plus a C in math....the C was heartbreaking because it was close to a B:cry: I recommend that you focus on A2 and move on. My school counselor told me that given the B and C are both strong if I work hard I can still get an A* or strong A. Don't give up.

Reaction score
I gave two accelerated subjects in alevls Acc and Eco....to be honest i wasnt expecting anythng at all still i thought i might get AB respectively but tables were turned on me got A* in Acc and A in eco Alhamdulillah very happy......Never expect anythng expectations always hurt...i trusted Allah and He blessed me :D

Reaction score
I gave two accelerated subjects in alevls Acc and Eco....to be honest i wasnt expecting anythng at all still i thought i might get AB respectively but tables were turned on me got A* in Acc and A in eco Alhamdulillah very happy......Never expect anythng expectations always hurt...i trusted Allah and He blessed me :D
wow congratz.. im starting A lvls nd wllb taking dese subs. hope u wud help me

Reaction score

Before you make any choice, check your components out. And see how you've fared in the individual papers of each subject. If in the subjects you got an overall B, you have a C or below in your components, repeat and give the composite. If you have Bs, then just work hard to amend your result in A2. I made a very fundamental mistake in my AS level by overlooking my component grades. I had straight A's in my AS Level, but in my Chemistry I had a C in the practicals. In A-2 I had awesome exams, but I got an A overall, and not an A* and I think it was mainly due to that one C in my practicals. So do NOT overlook the component grades!

Reaction score

Hey! So does the accelerated exam cost more than the traditional one??
And can I get 3A in Business, Accounting, and Economics in A2, if I got C,D,D in AS in these subject??
And is it essential to give accelerated if got C,D,D in AS
Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Hey! So does the accelerated exam cost more than the traditional one??
And can I get 3A in Business, Accounting, and Economics in A2, if I got C,D,D in AS in these subject??
And is it essential to give accelerated if got C,D,D in AS
Thanks for your help!
"So does the accelerated exam cost more than the traditional one?"
No. Whether you give AS and A2 with 1 year gap or together, the total cost is still the same.

"And can I get 3A in Business, Accounting, and Economics in A2, if I got C,D,D in AS in these subject??"
No chance at all, just to convert an AS B grade into an overall A grade is hard since it requires you to do really good in A2. So having Cs and Ds in AS means no chance of getting an A* or A in A2 at all.

"And is it essential to give accelerated if got C,D,D in AS"
There's no as such condition but obviously you can write both AS+A2 together since you'd be familiar with AS already.

Reaction score
No. Whether you give AS and A2 with 1 year gap or together, the total cost is still the same.

"And can I get 3A in Business, Accounting, and Economics in A2, if I got C,D,D in AS in these subject??"
No chance at all, just to convert an AS B grade into an overall A grade is hard since it requires you to do really good in A2. So having Cs and Ds in AS means no chance of getting an A* or A in A2 at all.

There's no as such condition but obviously you can write both AS+A2 together since you'd be familiar with AS already.

Thankss for the information!!

Reaction score

are you absolutely sure that having a C dilutes all chances of A? Because I got one C this year and instead of a resit,my parents want me to do better in the components this year (since I messed up practical last year)