• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

top paying careers in mathematics!

Reaction score
Defense and military( CIA, NSA..... or your own country's), Banks, climatalogy, insurance, scientific research ( CERN...), space research (NASA...) or even a professor of maths at a good university! :)
and the list still goes onn (y)

Reaction score
ACTUARIAL SCIENCES is the highest paid job in maths and stats
I did my AS in Maths, P1 and M1, I scored a D in Mechanics and A in P1, I ended up with the B still. I want to oopt for Actuarial studies, I am confused, going to take Stats and P3 in my A2 now, shalll I go for Actuarial Studies?

Reaction score
Not really. Actuarial Sciences as a field has a lot to do with Economics, too.

not that much.........go wikipedia it ...... no doubt it has economics but only to the basics the major are maths and stats....one of my frndz is doing it in university of toronto and he told me all about the course and curiculam...:) ;) (y)

Reaction score
not that much.........go wikipedia it ...... no doubt it has economics but only to the basics the major are maths and stats....one of my frndz is doing it in university of toronto and he told me all about the course and curiculam...:) ;) (y)
Is it like a boring one? your friend enjoys it? I mean the way he/she told you, what do you think?

Reaction score
depends on where you want to work?
US - Big 5 banks - Financial Quant - check Mark Joshi's website
almost anywhere - Actuarial Sciences
West - work at consultancy firms
Anywhere - Professors do not earn enough
Anywhere - Researchers working at research centers do not earn a lot either
Pak - become a tuition teacher and mint some money