• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

top careers in future?

Reaction score
anyone who wants to work in the future needs to be relentlessly professional ... that was my point and it applies to all of us who want to work and want to be able to support ourselves

as for your subjects ... you can take any subjects really because at a business school for your undergraduate degree you will typically study typical courses for business students, depending upon which university you will apply to.. to understand the relationship between the subjects you study at the A-levels and the courses you study at the undergraduate level read my previous posts .... for you i would suggest Accounts, Economics, Business Studies and Math ... A-levels Psychology is not considered a very credible subject by good universities ... the subject selection becomes very particular for students who want to apply for highly technical degrees for example Actuarial Sciences, Financial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Software Engineering, Management Sciences (also called Operations Research), Engineering's other areas such as Mechatronics, Aeronautical,etc, Mathematics, Bio-sciences, and other similar fields ... but business students have a leeway with subject selection for their A-levels since business students no matter which type of organization they will work for, they typically study a wide range of subjects early on in order to figure out what they want to do with their careers but even so this approach does not really help business students understand the of the workplace and they end up making wrong career choices pretty often... so internships and personality assessment tests (MBTI, Big 5 Personality Traits Test) are the two best ways to figure out your career direction

business students typically end up in the following areas within organizations
Marketing
HR
Finance/Accounts
Legal
IT
Operations/Supply Chain

Reaction score
anyone who wants to work in the future needs to be relentlessly professional ... that was my point and it applies to all of us who want to work and want to be able to support ourselves

as for your subjects ... you can take any subjects really because at a business school for your undergraduate degree you will typically study typical courses for business students, depending upon which university you will apply to.. to understand the relationship between the subjects you study at the A-levels and the courses you study at the undergraduate level read my previous posts .... for you i would suggest Accounts, Economics, Business Studies and Math ... A-levels Psychology is not considered a very credible subject by good universities ... the subject selection becomes very particular for students who want to apply for highly technical degrees for example Actuarial Sciences, Financial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Software Engineering, Management Sciences (also called Operations Research), Engineering's other areas such as Mechatronics, Aeronautical,etc, Mathematics, Bio-sciences, and other similar fields ... but business students have a leeway with subject selection for their A-levels since business students no matter which type of organization they will work for, they typically study a wide range of subjects early on in order to figure out what they want to do with their careers but even so this approach does not really help business students understand the of the workplace and they end up making wrong career choices pretty often... so internships and personality assessment tests (MBTI, Big 5 Personality Traits Test) are the two best ways to figure out your career direction

business students typically end up in the following areas within organizations
Marketing
HR
Finance/Accounts
Legal
IT
Operations/Supply Chain
thanks alot for the info and suggestion i appreciate :)

Reaction score
I want to take engineering in future and I plan to do A-levels (CIE)
I am worried about the subjects I should take next year
I plan to take maths & physics but My third subject is a problem
I am stuck between AICT and Chemistry
In my school The Chemistry was of zero level and therefore I am not sure about it Also I am really good at computers but I love both but i want only 3 subjects
Please tell whether I should go for AICT or Chemistry
I love both and have scored quite well but I know my chemistry is not up to the mark
ALSO pls tell why u think so
Also I want to know more about CIE maths and Exdecel maths in a level in detail
Thanks

-shoaib672002

Reaction score
I want to take engineering in future and I plan to do A-levels (CIE)
I am worried about the subjects I should take next year
I plan to take maths & physics but My third subject is a problem
I am stuck between AICT and Chemistry
In my school The Chemistry was of zero level and therefore I am not sure about it Also I am really good at computers but I love both but i want only 3 subjects
Please tell whether I should go for AICT or Chemistry
I love both and have scored quite well but I know my chemistry is not up to the mark
ALSO pls tell why u think so
Also I want to know more about CIE maths and Exdecel maths in a level in detail
Thanks

-shoaib672002

type of engineering?

university/ies you will apply to?

where you plan to live?

keep the above three flexible since things in life change

i am really good at computers .. what do you mean by that exactly

3 subjects apart from the As General Paper is the minimum ... the subject choice will depend upon the university/country you will apply, they have different requirements ... chemistry at the A-levels is far more difficult than the O-levels ... an O-level A-grade is equal to an A-level C-grade ... if you are weak in chemistry then do consider that the A-levels chemistry has the Practical exam so it becomes more difficult because teachers do not teach practicals properly and the lack of practice also becomes a problem

as for CIE math vs Edexcel math .. check the syllabus... the Edexcel is easier

Reaction score
My advice is that go for Chemistry.. I love computers as well.. but AICT practicals is just clerical stuff, not actual and proper computer programming techniques.. If possible take computer studies/science.. AICT will just bore you as it's sort of a humanities subject unless it depends on what you mean when you say you love computers....
Thanks for the awesome advice , by computer I meant ICT in IGCSE was a piece of cake and I am a quick learner when it comes to computer
I would like to know about Edexcel math and cie i know the differences but i would like to explore more
Also i was thinking if AICT is that easy do u think i can keep and Manage 4 subjects if so then i need the syllabus layout like whats included in it (no doc or pdf) i need it from like U

Reaction score
I know I want to go to an engineering field but then i am blank , I have heard two things
Mechanical Engineering
Software Engineering

I love computer and engineering but what type I have no clue

any ideas

Reaction score
I know I want to go to an engineering field but then i am blank , I have heard two things
Mechanical Engineering
Software Engineering

I love computer and engineering but what type I have no clue

any ideas

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/find-by-topic/#cat=engineering

the type of engineering will ultimately depend upon the career prospects available for you, which in turn will depend upon the country you plan to work in and the type of career you wish to have (teaching, free-lance, 9 to 5 job, your own business) ... you can understand the type of career by taking personality assessment tests such as the MBTI and the Big 5 Personality Trait Test ... these tests are taken at good organizations with decent recruitment, hiring and selection procedures.... internships and learning programming languages on your own will also help you understand whether software programming is for you

Reaction score
My advice is that you complete a levels without deciding about which to choose.. People and time will confuse but be sure you wanna do engineering and when youre at the end either a) you will come to know what to choose based on your strengths and weaknesses ( remember Alevels is different from IGCSE) or b) counselors and guides will help you with it...
Mechanical engineering:::: needs a strong base of physics and mathemathics + a bit of chemistry
Software engineering::::: needs a strong base of maths, computer science and hardcore programming

the type of engineering will ultimately depend upon the career prospects available for you, which in turn will depend upon the country you plan to work in and the type of career you wish to have (teaching, free-lance, 9 to 5 job, your own business) ... you can understand the type of career by taking personality assessment tests such as the MBTI and the Big 5 Personality Trait Test ... these tests are taken at good organizations with decent recruitment, hiring and selection procedures.... internships and learning programming languages on your own will also help you understand whether software programming is for you
Thanks!

Reaction score
My advice is that you complete a levels without deciding about which to choose.. People and time will confuse but be sure you wanna do engineering and when youre at the end either a) you will come to know what to choose based on your strengths and weaknesses ( remember Alevels is different from IGCSE) or b) counselors and guides will help you with it...
Mechanical engineering:::: needs a strong base of physics and mathemathics + a bit of chemistry
Software engineering::::: needs a strong base of maths, computer science and hardcore programming
But i liked ur answer more it was quite good

Reaction score

The THING I liked in your post was about the tests

Reaction score
hey guys .im terribly confused.please help me :( . i have given my ALEVEL and i had 2A's in business studies and psychology and one B in economics . i have interest in psychology but there arent very good uni's here in pakistan for it :/ and plus my parents are like there is no future in psychology. another option is economics but the problm is that it has a lot of maths and im not too good at maths. i have never done add maths :/ .the last is business studies and i dnt know whether to opt for it or not. please guys help me outta this problm. any kind of help will be appreciated :) thanks !

Reaction score
hey guys .im terribly confused.please help me :( . i have given my ALEVEL and i had 2A's in business studies and psychology and one B in economics . i have interest in psychology but there arent very good uni's here in pakistan for it :/ and plus my parents are like there is no future in psychology. another option is economics but the problm is that it has a lot of maths and im not too good at maths. i have never done add maths :/ .the last is business studies and i dnt know whether to opt for it or not. please guys help me outta this problm. any kind of help will be appreciated :) thanks !

the subjects at this point will be pointless.. so study what you like... specially if you will be doing the BBA from pakistani universities.... as for the career in psychology in pakistan.. there are jobs but few ... until and unless you take a bi-major of organizational psychology and HRM that opens up your options

Reaction score
I have biology, chemistry, physics, math, english, Environmnetal management.... in A levels. I want a qualification for myself that works in most parts of the world and get a job quickly ..wherever I go. I have a plan to just keep roaming around the world after I finish my studies. Any suggestions on what to do after A levels ?

Reaction score
I have biology, chemistry, physics, math, english, Environmnetal management.... in A levels. I want a qualification for myself that works in most parts of the world and get a job quickly ..wherever I go. I have a plan to just keep roaming around the world after I finish my studies. Any suggestions on what to do after A levels ?

http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/2389-jobs-travel-lovers.html
http://matadornetwork.com/abroad/20-awesome-travel-jobs-and-how-to-get-them/
http://money.howstuffworks.com/10-careers-people-love-travel.htm
http://opishposh.com/awesome-jobs-that-require-travel/

your subjects do not matter a lot since there are many options for what you want ... getting a job quickly? i cannot say ... but what you can do is join a consultancy firm and tell them you are willing to relocate for your job, you could join the foreign service or become a pilot, international aid worker

Reaction score
Umm okay people I need help. I don't know what to take for a levels next year. I gave all science subs for o level but I don't think I want to go into medical or engineering. But then I think that I might like engineering. I don't really have a career choice but I was thinking something in ict would be great. Ict and math. So please give me some career suggestions in ict and math. And one of the careers I've been thinking about it actuarial science. It's math and commerce and ict. Do you think it's a good choice? And if yes then what subs should I take. I was thinking math/statistics,ict and business studies and economics. My first choice was accounting but someone told me economics is better for actuarial science. Also do you think it'll be hard? I mean I haven't studied economics or business studies before at all! I've done ict and math tho.

Reaction score
Umm okay people I need help. I don't know what to take for a levels next year. I gave all science subs for o level but I don't think I want to go into medical or engineering. But then I think that I might like engineering. I don't really have a career choice but I was thinking something in ict would be great. Ict and math. So please give me some career suggestions in ict and math. And one of the careers I've been thinking about it actuarial science. It's math and commerce and ict. Do you think it's a good choice? And if yes then what subs should I take. I was thinking math/statistics,ict and business studies and economics. My first choice was accounting but someone told me economics is better for actuarial science. Also do you think it'll be hard? I mean I haven't studied economics or business studies before at all! I've done ict and math tho.
subjects studied and work done in the field are VERY different

first give the MBTI, Big 5 Personality trait test.. free/online ... then understand the career you are suitable for ... your personality should fit the job/career .... and depends where you are going to do actuarial sciences from and where you will work ...as for actuarial sciences it is related to risk management particularly Insurance which is based upon stats, econometrics, probabilities and as for the A-level subjects you must have English General Paper, Math, Further Math, Economics, Accounting you can add Business Studies if you want ... also check the curriculum for Actuarial Sciences ... also many universities do not have Actuarial Programs they teach you maths and stats then you give the SOA papers and become an Actuary
http://www.lse.ac.uk/statistics/study/prospective/bsc_actuarial_science.aspx
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/
http://www.beanactuary.org/exams/
http://www.soa.org/