• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Top 10 A Level schools in Karachi

Reaction score
Honestly I think most of us would not want to start work as early as 17. Many of us including me would want to enjoy the college life before we Start the whole earning process.

Having said that, Does anybody have any idea about the grading requirements for lyceum school. Also is it true that Kgs and Lyceum does not accept Private O level students?

Cheers.
the trick is to enjoy work... be curious to learn how the world works... if you want to extend your childhood till the age of 22/24, remain a dependent till that age and still be okay with it ... then you will never be taken seriously... and you will put yourself seriously behind the competition... remember jobs are reducing, populations are increasing and so are graduates... so who do you think will be hired in the future? someone who has experience since the age of 17 or someone who wants pocket money from mommy/daddy till the age of 24?

as for the schools call them to ask them or visit them to ask them ... and being a private student is never a bad thing provided that while you are a private student you do something constructive on the side while you study

Reaction score
If u are particularly looking for good 'Islamic' enviroment + Education... Then 'Generation's School' is the best choice...

Reaction score
A-level schools are a waste of time... get an internship or a job and give your A-levels privately..... until and unless you are taking chem, bio, phy then in that case you need a school for lab work... internships from well known organizations where you actually learn something are better for your college applications... plus once you start an internship you officially start your CV or resume ... and if you get a 2 to 3 year work experience then that is a solid way to start your career at the age of 17 or 18... and also try to get into a college that offers flexible timings for classes so that you can work at the same time you study

however if you are a Business Student who likes management, accounting and economics.. just do the ACCA privately and work at the same time.... that way you will have work experience since the age of 17 or 18... additionally even if you end up not liking the Accounting/Finance work .. no problem.. after finishing your ACCA you can quite simply go and do your MBA in your field of choice... but even before you decide to do your MBA first do some work in the field you want to switch to and then proceed to your MBA

remember a BBA and an MBA, from Pakistani universities is useless even if it is done from LUMS or IBA.. do not waste your money ... do something that has global recognition example ACCA ...but if you want to go into auditing then do the CA because even after your ACCA you have to do some CA papers to become an Auditor recognized by the ICAP

for business students learn Excel, SAP, OpenErp, Banking Software, any good Accounting Software... because these are the software you will typically use in an organization.. also ask relatives and people working in their jobs to share the official docs with you, so that you can see the type of documentation that is utilized at work

call agent jobs do not count... you do not really learn any real skill as a call agent ... and Axact .. NEVER go there... putting Axact's name on your CV/resume destroys your credibility as a prospective employee

and remember... most jobs are boring and simply sophisticated clerical work ....so do not expect rocket science or any creative fire works in your career

people like to glorify their chosen fields so that they can maintain an impressive impression (helps to increase employment opportunities) or they have never really challenged their intellectually capabilities so they end up finding sophisticated clerical work as something very exciting or their lives are simply too boring and they like to feel special

in any case A-levels schools are a waste of time for business students
Cool Amazing experience u got there... But for Engineering students I don't think there are much choices, For internship in any institue, u would atleast need an year experience in uni :unsure: .... HOpe that there are much internship chances, it really look good in your CV's..

Reaction score
Cool Amazing experience u got there... But for Engineering students I don't think there are much choices, For internship in any institue, u would atleast need an year experience in uni :unsure: .... HOpe that there are much internship chances, it really look good in your CV's..

there is no such thing as HOPE ... there is only smart and hard work followed by results that are either positive or negative ... for a true professional LUCK, HOPE and GOD do not exist ... a professional does not wait for anything to come by, a professional quite simply gets whatever he wants while managing time, effort and cost

A year of university under your belt is of no importance, the skills that you possess and the presentation of that skill is what matters, shown either via a CV or a student project or a recommendation letter ... organizations ultimately do not care about degrees but about skill .. the degree is taken as an assumption of skill which if not demonstrated leads to an employee getting laid off

there will be internships for any career field well established in Pakistan or anywhere else ... there are several ways to find em

1. Linkedin: use linkedin in a step by step manner ... when using facebook to contact professionals ALWAYS mention that you are on linkedin as well .. but first you must learn to make a proper Linkedin Profile and a CV and then proceed with the steps below:-
i. Contact Professionals and request their guidance
ii. If they provide any advice then follow it and maintain a follow-up reminder
iii. Gradually after developing skills or whenever you feel you are ready request a meet, ask them to be your mentor.

2. Check the websites of organizations, visit them and ask them what skills will they need from you to let you become an intern, some organziations give the contacts of their employees, first email them requesting their guidance, if they approve then request a meeting and you might have to do this continuously in a respectable manner, bother them but always mention that you realize they are busy professionals, however their help will help you launch your career. And this requires a LOT of patience. (similar method to the linkedin steps mentioned above)

3. Use friends and family, some one's friend somewhere will have some relative who can get you an internship

4. Visit universities and meet professors as well as career counselors, as them for guidance and ask them which organizations offer job placements or internships, also ask them what is it that organizations look for in students.

Use all of the steps above to make a list of possible organizations that do offer opportunities, you can also look up phonebook.com to make a list of organizations, once you make a list apply to lets say 5 at a time and see where you think you need to improve your CV, what you might need to learn in either academic knowledge or real career practicalities in order to become a better prospective employee.

Basically it is a more sophisticated version of socializing, with friends we are care free with career development/professional networking you are more focused and presentable (decent formal wear, positive body language, basically grow-up and stop being a kid).

The above process is very time consuming so plan it carefully so as not to let it distract you from your studies and do not worry if your social life with your friends takes a bit of a dip, you have the rest of your life for socializing and the more you socialize with people in the workforce the more mature you become and the key to maturity is to accept a weakness or a bad situation (you can't always have everything) but to never be daunted and always seek ways to improve your skill calmly, NEVER lose your emotional control.

The overall keys are:-
1. Self presentation
2. CV construction
3. Skill development
4. Gaining practical exposure (books can take you only so far) .... btw if they do not let you do internships then request them if they can let you look at and observe the office floor or factory, etc you must really OBSERVE and Analyze ask a few questions.... so that when you apply to the next organization then you can impress them with practical field knowledge ... you can also ask organizations to just let you be there for a few weeks and let you learn on your own and you must learn what the organizations that you are applying to offer as products, to whom, their history, etc

From an academic perspective for engineering students, what you can do is develop you own science project and that means something really unique and challenging and practically applicable in real life ... so automatically you will have learn stuff that is beyond your current syllabus, programming and mathematically skills are really important for engineering students ... you can learn advanced math on youtube and http://nptel.ac.in/

http://www.mycollegeproject.com/Innovative Projects.html
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys
I wanted to ask that can someone please please clearly tell me the best A level colleges
I wanted to go in KGS but I told myself that I won't get admission there even though I'm a pretty good student, I get A's and A* in school too
My next option is Nixor College ......but people say that it's a PARTY SCHOOL though I disagree because even though they have alot of events but they still have the best faculty of Karachi
I didn't fill out Lyceums form but now I regret that because alot of people say that it's the best but I'm a science student and I heard that their commerce faculty is best
I'm really confused about where to apply KGS, Nixor or somewhere else
Can you ppl help me out here and please tell me about Bay View aswell
PLZ PLZ REPLY

Reaction score
Hey guys
I wanted to ask that can someone please please clearly tell me the best A level colleges
I wanted to go in KGS but I told myself that I won't get admission there even though I'm a pretty good student, I get A's and A* in school too
My next option is Nixor College ......but people say that it's a PARTY SCHOOL though I disagree because even though they have alot of events but they still have the best faculty of Karachi
I didn't fill out Lyceums form but now I regret that because alot of people say that it's the best but I'm a science student and I heard that their commerce faculty is best
PLZ PLZ REPLY

for sciences St patrick's is supposed to be good and so is kgs .. but cannot say anything about nixor since the faculty that actually teaches might not necessarily be those who helped start the school but if it is then go to nixor but check their labs before going.. the key is having good teachers for practicals and good lab equipment.... for theory Imran Merchant should do the job

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey guys
PLZ PLZ REPLY
Kgs is the best for science though their admission is seriously complicated and their demands are too high. Moreover not all people like the environment there as most people coming there are very wealthy. Lyceum has a good faculty too for all subjects and if you are a good student then you should consider Lyceum cuz it has the right kind of environment for studies and great faculty. Nixor is a good option too for science and they have good faculty but its also true that the environment is not that studious as in other top colleges and mostly emphasis is on co-curricular.

Reaction score
Nixor isn't a party school. I was there for 2 years and I can tell you for a fact they focus on academics just as much as ECAs. In fact they recommend participating in a few ECAs because most universities abroad prefer students with them. And they are all optional anyway. The college has free counselling, a good faculty, friendly people, etc.

For science it is pretty good. My teachers were all epic and helped me get good grades, but unfortunately they all left in fall of 2013. I'm not sure how it is now but there are still some great teachers. Both of the chemistry/physics labs are good as well. Remember in A-level it's mostly how much you study yourself, understand topics and ask questions from teachers, etc.

Reaction score
Hey guys
PLZ PLZ REPLY
It's sad you missed out the chance for Lyceum. It's an amazing school. Anyways, go for St Pats because it has the best science faculty. Nixor once had great teachers but all of them have left now.

Reaction score
Nixor isn't a party school. I was there for 2 years and I can tell you for a fact they focus on academics just as much as ECAs. In fact they recommend participating in a few ECAs because most universities abroad prefer students with them. And they are all optional anyway. The college has free counselling, a good faculty, friendly people, etc.

For science it is pretty good. My teachers were all epic and helped me get good grades, but unfortunately they all left in fall of 2013. I'm not sure how it is now but there are still some great teachers. Both of the chemistry/physics labs are good as well. Remember in A-level it's mostly how much you study yourself, understand topics and ask questions from teachers, etc.

Can you tell me which teachers left Nixor?
And can anyone also tell me the best teachers for A level Chemistry, Physics, Math ?

Reaction score
for sciences St patrick's is supposed to be good and so is kgs .. but cannot say anything about nixor since the faculty that actually teaches might not necessarily be those who helped start the school but if it is then go to nixor but check their labs before going.. the key is having good teachers for practicals and good lab equipment.... for theory Imran Merchant should do the job

I met some people from St.Pats and they told me that I shouldn't come to St.Pats because it's "Bakwass"
I don't know if they were telling the truth or not but they did seem pretty serious about it.
I'm going to apply for Nixor I guess........

Reaction score
I met some people from St.Pats and they told me that I shouldn't come to St.Pats because it's "Bakwass"
I don't know if they were telling the truth or not but they did seem pretty serious about it.
The faculty of st. pats is pretty good, but when you go for an A level college you have to consider other things too like the environment there and the kind of people coming there. And the environment of St. Pats isn't as good as other colleges and most people going there are 'maila' type.

Reaction score
The faculty of st. pats is pretty good, but when you go for an A level college you have to consider other things too like the environment there and the kind of people coming there. And the environment of St. Pats isn't as good as other colleges and most people going there are 'maila' type.
u mad? ive been at pats for 8 years! its just a stereotype!

Reaction score
Can you tell me which teachers left Nixor?
And can anyone also tell me the best teachers for A level Chemistry, Physics, Math ?
rouque, bilal hameed, sherry, ehsan sheikh, omair masood, ali anwerzada and a few more teachers left last year most of them r now at pats nd southshore

Reaction score
they might be ex-patricians. things have changed this year! better faculty nd improved facilities.