• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Top 10 A Level schools in Karachi

Reaction score
A-level schools are a waste of time... get an internship or a job and give your A-levels privately..... until and unless you are taking chem, bio, phy then in that case you need a school for lab work... internships from well known organizations where you actually learn something are better for your college applications... plus once you start an internship you officially start your CV or resume ... and if you get a 2 to 3 year work experience then that is a solid way to start your career at the age of 17 or 18... and also try to get into a college that offers flexible timings for classes so that you can work at the same time you study

however if you are a Business Student who likes management, accounting and economics.. just do the ACCA privately and work at the same time.... that way you will have work experience since the age of 17 or 18... additionally even if you end up not liking the Accounting/Finance work .. no problem.. after finishing your ACCA you can quite simply go and do your MBA in your field of choice... but even before you decide to do your MBA first do some work in the field you want to switch to and then proceed to your MBA

remember a BBA and an MBA, from Pakistani universities is useless even if it is done from LUMS or IBA.. do not waste your money ... do something that has global recognition example ACCA ...but if you want to go into auditing then do the CA because even after your ACCA you have to do some CA papers to become an Auditor recognized by the ICAP

for business students learn Excel, SAP, OpenErp, Banking Software, any good Accounting Software... because these are the software you will typically use in an organization.. also ask relatives and people working in their jobs to share the official docs with you, so that you can see the type of documentation that is utilized at work

call agent jobs do not count... you do not really learn any real skill as a call agent ... and Axact .. NEVER go there... putting Axact's name on your CV/resume destroys your credibility as a prospective employee

and remember... most jobs are boring and simply sophisticated clerical work ....so do not expect rocket science or any creative fire works in your career

people like to glorify their chosen fields so that they can maintain an impressive impression (helps to increase employment opportunities) or they have never really challenged their intellectually capabilities so they end up finding sophisticated clerical work as something very exciting or their lives are simply too boring and they like to feel special

in any case A-levels schools are a waste of time for business students

Reaction score
A-level schools are a waste of time...

But i heard that having ''Private candidate'' written on our O/A-Level result is considered a bad thing by the universities. :/
Is that true?
Are private candidates treated equally as those from reputed schools?

Reaction score
Nabeel.Ahmad

no that is not true.... schools deliberately tell you that.. otherwise they would lose out on the money you pay them...also many people believe that students at the age of 16 or 17 are not mature enough to study on their own... that will depend entirely upon the student... but being a private student and not doing an internship would be bad thing though... because if you write in your application (personal statement) that you went on to do your A-levels privately because you realized that the four walls of a class room do not teach you reality, then that is a big sign of maturity and if you get decent SAT scores (around above 1900), decent SAT 2 scores, and decent A-level grades, not less than a B in any course, then you will justify your decision as a person who has outgrown the class room... infact i would suggest that if you are a business student and if you do not get into a top school in the world rankings in your chosen field or fields (bi-major) then screw them and do the ACCA (it is recognized by the HEC as equivalent to a Masters program... http://www2.accaglobal.com/databases/pressandpolicy/pakistan/hec) or CIMA or CA (not recommended if you do not want to be an auditor)... and then after a few years of experience do your MBA.. for your MBA you can choose IBA or LUMS because by this time you will have had learned enough skills not to jeopardize your career by wasting your time on a useless BBA and plus you will already have work experience, additionally you can also diversify into another field by choosing it as you major during your MBA

DO NOT waste your time, money and employment chances on the BBA via IBA and LUMS, it will be a total waste... instead use the time/money to get trained in software regarding your field... also do study math.. it opens up your options a lot because with quantitative skills (math and stats) you can enter any field ... engineering, management sciences, economics, quantitative finance, actuarial sciences, risk management, social research, marketing research, computing... also if you start working at the age of 17 imagine all the time you will have to make contacts .... contacts are important because your career advancement depends upon contacts and Pakistani universities are not a good enough place to build contacts

if you want you can email universities or call them... ask them that if you have an opportunity to work at a decent organization lets say Engro or Nestle or PWC or Phillip Morris, etc and that you will want to work while doing your A-levels privately ... then would that be a good thing or a bad thing

do remember getting an internship as an A-level student is difficult ... so learn:- (by starting to learn the stuff below you can show employers that you are willing to work harder than everyone else... also do not expect to get paid as an internee.. tell them you want to learn as much as possible.... and remember the workplace has lot of characters with petty attitudes and issues, in fact employees at many organizations treat internees as stray animals and do not teach them anything because if you learn too much too quick you can become a possible replacement for current employees, hence a threat ... use your contacts to get yourself internships that way you will not get pushed around as much.. i am showing you the worst case scenario ....it is possible you can end up with an excellent boss or colleague who actually trains you)

MS Word and Power Point are expected to be have already been learned

1. Excel - excel is fun on youtube ...http://people.highline.edu/mgirvin/excelisfun.htm ... excel is fun has trainings for math, stats, finance and business courses with excel ... these courses will be most relevant for you
http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/8197797/ ..... get PC with a graphic card that will let you use 2 monitors at the same time .. one screen is for the video tutorial and the other for actually practicing the video tutorial... otherwise it will take a long time to learn .. around 30 minutes for something you can learn in 10 minutes

2. Accounting Software (Quick Books & others) - http://thepiratebay.sx/torrent/6011980/QuickBooks_Training_CD
http://lahore.olx.com.pk/quick-books-professional-training-0301-2126422-iid-512974845
http://lahore.olx.com.pk/peachtree-quick-books-tally-erp-9-training-in-lahore-iid-504250862

3. SAP - http://www.4shared.com/file/_HvzzcK1/the_ultimate_sap_training_cour.html
http://lahore.olx.com.pk/q/sap-training-in-lahore/c-281
http://karachi.olx.com.pk/q/sap-training-at-karachi/c-283

it will take time to learn the above.... so A-levels and job/internship first .... at the side learn the above mentioned software by using the torrent downloads and other free material ... to get an idea what these software are like.. and once you have been doing this for some time, lets say 10 months.. then go ahead and enroll into any training academy

and let me know you chosen field or what you think you want to do (choose several areas as possible career directions if you want) and then I will be able to help you out a bit more specifically

Reaction score
Nabeel.Ahmad
and let me know you chosen field or what you think you want to do (choose several areas as possible career directions if you want) and then I will be able to help you out a bit more specifically

Well, i'm interested in Business, as well as in Sciences, and even Maths, Add-Maths.
In O-Level, currently i am studying Sciences.. but i have no idea about the Engineering fields, and if that is even a good choice for me.
And also Business studies, Commerce.. might even take up Accounts and Economics, soon.
Also interested in Medicine, i study Biology too.
And ICT (Igcse)..
Trying to diversify my career options.
Btw, do a lot of A's mean anything to Universities?

Reaction score
Well, i'm interested in Business, as well as in Sciences, and even Maths, Add-Maths.
In O-Level, currently i am studying Sciences.. but i have no idea about the Engineering fields, and if that is even a good choice for me.
And also Business studies, Commerce.. might even take up Accounts and Economics, soon.
Also interested in Medicine, i study Biology too.
And ICT (Igcse)..
Trying to diversify my career options.
Btw, do a lot of A's mean anything to Universities?

that is perfectly fine... not knowing what you want to do and experimenting is a good thing.. because at this age it is impossible to know what you want because you have not worked anywhere yet.. for example children with parents who involve them in the family business and take them to the office etc .. these students know what real life work is like and hence, know more about what they want to study at school, etc.. so if you have a friend who has family doing business go work for them and get an internship recognition letter from them... you can also check this link... http://career-symposium.ca/assets/career_awareness.pdf ... and follow its advice to understand yourself better

for more career guidance ... check my messages in these threads:-
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...as-a-career-in-near-future.30523/#post-689547
https://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/top-careers-in-future.19333/page-2
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...ter-for-engineering-pakistan-or-abroad.29730/

more A's obviously are good.. but it also matters how you get those As... if they have achieved your A's in batches of four less useful.. in batches of 7 or more better
3 As 10th grade -- Pak Stds Isla, etc .. the useless grades
7/8 As 11th grade --- all the good ones

so if you have more subjects and you get
3A's or 4A's - 10th Grade
9A's or 8A's - 11th Grade
then that is better and this has been done by students with 11 As, 12As and 14 As etc...if you have any senior students who have gotten such grades ask them how they studied

however, you need to have good SAT scores as well.. and many good foreign universities want good SAT2 score as well and even if they do not require SAT2 scores then in any case it will still add weight to your application

for subjects if you want to really diversify and with credibility then study these

Math ... use syllabus and khan academy, schaums outline... tuition at the end 6months or so
Add Math ... http://www.tuittor.com/ ... also on youtube, also register on openlysolved.com for solutions ... tuition at the end 6months or so
Chemistry .. refer to the syllabus and use khan academy, schaums outline ... tuition at the end 6months or so
Bio ... refer to the syllabus and use khan academy, schaums outline ... tuition at the end 6months or so
Phys ... refer to the syllabus and use khan academy, schaums outline ... tuition at the end 6months or so
Economics ... syllabus and khan academy, schaums outline ... tuition at the end 6months or so
Accounts ... ininjanotes on youtube, schaums outline.... tuition at the end 6months or so
Business Studies ... tuition from the beginning
English ... tuition from the beginning
Psychology ...tuition from the beginning
Law ... tuition from the beginning
also learn excel and do not stop learning excel until you know every detail

by doing the above 11 courses you will have the most credible subject election,also for medicine you need to study chem bio and phy... and no A-levels school will take for medicine without chem, bio, phy... also for sciences you need A-levels schools for practicals.. or if you can find private tuition for practicals

commerce, ICT and urdu are useless.. it is unfortunate that they make students do pak studies and islamiyat... you just simply never use these courses anywhere
urdu, commerce... these courses just do not have any weight in your application

Reaction score
remember a BBA and an MBA, from Pakistani universities is useless even if it is done from LUMS or IBA.. do not waste your money ... do something that has global recognition example ACCA..

Teachyourself is right. ACCA opens a lote more opportunities for you compared to a Pakistani university BBA/MBA

I was looking for ACCA benefits and I came across this website of London based education consultants: www.uuni.co.uk

I talked to them on their chat and they told me that they have many amazing opportunities for those doing ACCA in Pakistan. After giving only 9 papers, we can study a course at prestigious universities such as LSBF and Birmingham university!

But they were also saying, I can work while I study for the rest of my ACCA. Does anyone know if that is possible in the UK?
Has anyone contacted www.uuni.co.uk before?

Help me out please as well. Thanks

Reaction score
Teachyourself is right. ACCA opens a lote more opportunities for you compared to a Pakistani university BBA/MBA

I was looking for ACCA benefits and I came across this website of London based education consultants: www.uuni.co.uk

I talked to them on their chat and they told me that they have many amazing opportunities for those doing ACCA in Pakistan. After giving only 9 papers, we can study a course at prestigious universities such as LSBF and Birmingham university!

But they were also saying, I can work while I study for the rest of my ACCA. Does anyone know if that is possible in the UK?
Has anyone contacted www.uuni.co.uk before?

Help me out please as well. Thanks

working in the UK could be possible but it depends upon the Student Visa restrictions... also jobs in the UK are really not that easily available.. in fact the whole of europe is still reeling from the financial crisis ... study abroad only from a top 10 university in your chosen field, a university the name of which is recognized in Pakistan because our recruiters and selectors do not know that much about university rankings

speaking of LSBF download their video tutorials using the attached torrent file and there are other torrents for P1, etc on piratebay.com

Attachments

• ACCA Qualification.zip
    63 KB · Views: 2
Reaction score
Honestly I think most of us would not want to start work as early as 17. Many of us including me would want to enjoy the college life before we Start the whole earning process.

Having said that, Does anybody have any idea about the grading requirements for lyceum school. Also is it true that Kgs and Lyceum does not accept Private O level students?

Cheers.