• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

To those who have done AS LEVEL ( bio, Chem and phy) privately in Lahore

Reaction score
assalam o alaikum people
As the title says , I wanted to ask info regarding this matter
Whether a student can give her AS and A level privately for bio, Chem and physics as a private student under British council
Does British council in Lahore offer As level privately ?

Reaction score
assalam o alaikum people
As the title says , I wanted to ask info regarding this matter
Whether a student can give her AS and A level privately for bio, Chem and physics as a private student under British council
Does British council in Lahore offer As level privately ?

Yep, you can. Not sure what the process is, maybe someone else can walk you through that, but you just need to register for these subjects and you'll be given your statement of entry and assigned an examination center, where you'll be giving all your papers.

You should look here: http://www.britishcouncil.pk/exam/school/register/private

Reaction score
Yep, you can. Not sure what the process is, maybe someone else can walk you through that, but you just need to register for these subjects and you'll be given your statement of entry and assigned an examination center, where you'll be giving all your papers.

You should look here: http://www.britishcouncil.pk/exam/school/register/private
Thnx for the info
But will there be a problem in making this privately-done A level equivalence ? And further admission MCAT procedure and the admission In lahore's government medical colleges ?

Reaction score
Thnx for the info
But will there be a problem in making this privately-done A level equivalence ? And further admission MCAT procedure and the admission In lahore's government medical colleges ?

Yeah, no worries. Thousands of people give O/A-Levels privately. Besides, your actual Cambridge Certificate only mentions your names and grades so you shouldn't face any issues.

Reaction score
Yes...it certainly can be done. amerfarooq has guided you properly. I myself did take O'Level with science subjects privately. Any queries? I would be glad to answer.

Reaction score
Yes...it certainly can be done. amerfarooq has guided you properly. I myself did take O'Level with science subjects privately. Any queries? I would be glad to answer.
thnx...u cleared my doubt that was killing me,ALHUMDULILAH....and one more ... and if i did edexcel a level privately (complete the whole a levels in bio,chem.phy) then will there any kind of problem in making IBCC equivalence ...for instance , what do u write in the institution area of the equivalence form ?
thnx again

Reaction score
  • Your answer was really helpful so if u don't mind I want to ask u a question that i am repeating my a levels in bio, Chem and physics privately under edexcel board by 2016 May June ....and my decided field is to get admission in lahore's medical government Uni .....will there be any kind of problem in making my ibcc equivalence and further registering for MCAT ? Do u know such a case where a private student goes into government medical Uni ?

Reaction score
  • Your answer was really helpful so if u don't mind I want to ask u a question that i am repeating my a levels in bio, Chem and physics privately under edexcel board by 2016 May June ....and my decided field is to get admission in lahore's medical government Uni .....will there be any kind of problem in making my ibcc equivalence and further registering for MCAT ? Do u know such a case where a private student goes into government medical Uni ?
Though I don't happen to know anybody who went from A Level to medical, you know why? because they detect a lot of marks like 20 or 30, i'm not sure, when they do the equivalency thing. It happens to all those who take CIE. So, since to get into Gov. medical uni, I think there's competition for marks, isn't there? so it's probably going to cause trouble there since if 20 or 30 marks are already detected, there is no chance of getting into merit. But why not try some foreign affordable universities for graduation instead of going through the traditional way to be a doctor. Those who do A'Level are usually left with no choice other than trying foreign university education. I and my elder sister did O'Level privately too, not only private, but also without any tutor, academy or any school. Now, we are preparing for our A'Levels, my sister'll take exams this year in NOvember, INshallah, they are gonna start soon. And as we plan, we wish to do graduation in some suitable field, after our A'Level, through foreign university, or if not that, there is the choice of CSS exams and even if not that, do a simple B.A. and try for a gold medal. The education CIE is giving us, it makes students capable of doing anything in the future. The basic problem here, especially in Pakistan or any other under-developed country, is English. After years of learning (in traditional education system like metric etc), the student is still unable to compose a single sentence in English correctly. But the CIE education not only results in an excellent fluent English, but also provokes thinking and develops other mental abilities among the student.
As you asked for the institution we are going to represent, it is British Council. Since all private candidate take exams through British Council, it is what is put instead of their school names. I don't know particular information about the form, there must be a way there too.
If you need any kind of help whether in study or you need guidance, in any subject, I am here for your service :)
P.S.: Don't forget your Salah and next leave to Allah!