• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Tips !!!!

Reaction score
Any last moment tips for English exam,,,,??? I have it in the morning

Reaction score
Any last moment tips for English exam,,,,??? I have it in the morning
I'm late to see the post.
How did your English p1 went ?
Well, you might need some helpful tips for English p2 tomorrow.
Passage 1:
Reading the whole passage too much carefully is a pure waste of time.
You need to copy text from passage in the first part. (No Own words)
However for the summary, read CAREFULLY the paragraphs from which the summary is required and READ THE SUMMARY QUESTION CAREFULLY.
Most candidates fail to read the question and end up writing something irrelevant from the required paragraphs.
Remember, own words can only help in gaining marks.
The last two parts (Facts/opinions, True/false) is based on pure understanding of the passage.
For passage two, You should read paragraphs one after another. (As long as what I do everytime and get highest marks in English exam)
Read one para, answer the questions from that.
Skip those questions you are not sure about and attempt them at the end.
For the word meanings, you should not necessarily know the dictionary meanings for all. You can easily recognize the meaning by reading 2 3 lines in which that word is lying.
Finally, release all tension and expectations about the exam and sleep well. English can only be attempted perfectly with an open mind.
Good Luck ! :)

Reaction score
I'm late to see the post.
How did your English p1 went ?
Well, you might need some helpful tips for English p2 tomorrow.
Passage 1:
Reading the whole passage too much carefully is a pure waste of time.
You need to copy text from passage in the first part. (No Own words)
However for the summary, read CAREFULLY the paragraphs from which the summary is required and READ THE SUMMARY QUESTION CAREFULLY.
Most candidates fail to read the question and end up writing something irrelevant from the required paragraphs.
Remember, own words can only help in gaining marks.
The last two parts (Facts/opinions, True/false) is based on pure understanding of the passage.
For passage two, You should read paragraphs one after another. (As long as what I do everytime and get highest marks in English exam)
Read one para, answer the questions from that.
Skip those questions you are not sure about and attempt them at the end.
For the word meanings, you should not necessarily know the dictionary meanings for all. You can easily recognize the meaning by reading 2 3 lines in which that word is lying.
Finally, release all tension and expectations about the exam and sleep well. English can only be attempted perfectly with an open mind.
Good Luck ! :)
P1 was good ... Pretty easy !!
And thanks