• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Tips for solving chemistry MCQs 9701/01

Reaction score
for section B [Q: 31 -40]

there are 3 statements 1, 2 and 3. right

Statement:1 If you are 100% sure that it is wrong => answer is C

Statement:2 If you are 100% sure that it is wrong => answer is D

---

Now coming to if Statement:1 is correct, instead of checking for statement:2 , check for statement 3 first.
If you’re sure it’s correct, then your answer will be A.
And if you’re sure it’s wrong, then your answer is definitely D.

Note: If you aren’t sure whether a statement is wrong or correct or not, better go through all of them.

You’ll understand this, if you practice a few papers… ;) That’s how I got all this. Otherwise, I couldn’t manage to complete the paper on time :D
And this isn’t some special technique. It’s just based on how you use your logic :D

Look how A, B, C and D are classified.

A : 1, 2, 3 correct

B : 1 and 2 correct

C : 2 and 3 correct

D : 1 correct
You have made a small mistake, if 1 is correct go to 3 if 3 is wrong then the answer is definitely B

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

just wanna share a tip [an advice from my friend :D]...i found it helpful..

start solving chem mcq paper from the last question and go back wards....
start from Q:40 and go backwards till Q:1

i used to run out of time when solving the paper, and i tried doing this and cudnt believe i was able to complete the paper in abt 40 minutes

--
leave the calculation questions and do them after finishing the rest...it'll save time..

--
for section B If you are 100% sure that 1 is wrong just mark the answer C
and if you are 100% sure that 2 is wrong , just mark the answer D
If in the end you have time , you can go through the other statements and check...but make sure before doing this, you're more than 100% sure ....[there are questions where it's rather obvious the statement is wrong.. ;)]
and also if 1 is correct, dont waste your time checking if 2 is correct or not...jump on to statement 3. If you're really sure it's wrong, then D would definitely be wrong, ans will be D
and if you're sure 3 is correct then 2 will definitely be correct, and ans will be A.

May be this'll seem a bit foolish, but trust me, it does get your answers right, and also saves your time. After finishing the paper, if you have enough time, you can check the other statements etc. ;)

It helped me, and might help you...inshaAllah..

Remember me in your prayers.

May Allah give us success in this world as well as the hereAfter Aameen..!
My teacher told us the same thing :D :D :D :D :LOL:

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

i used to run out of time when solving the paper, and i tried doing this and cudnt believe i was able to complete the paper in abt 40 minutes

--
leave the calculation questions and do them after finishing the rest...it'll save time..

--
If in the end you have time , you can go through the other statements and check...but make sure before doing this, you're more than 100% sure ....[there are questions where it's rather obvious the statement is wrong.. ;)]
and also if 1 is correct, dont waste your time checking if 2 is correct or not...jump on to statement 3. If you're really sure it's wrong, then D would definitely be wrong, ans will be D
and if you're sure 3 is correct then 2 will definitely be correct, and ans will be A.

May be this'll seem a bit foolish, but trust me, it does get your answers right, and also saves your time. After finishing the paper, if you have enough time, you can check the other statements etc. ;)

Yeah , This trick works! My teacher told me ! :) anyways thanks for sharing it :)

Reaction score
Hi guys
I need a help in chemistry 9701 paper 1 (May/june 2013) in question: 12 , 13 , 16, 19 ,21, 23, 24 , 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 33, 34 ,35 , 36 , 38 . 39 , 40
here is the link for the paper : http://maxpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/9701_s13_qp_11.pdf
Plz i need a help urgent :)
Thnx in advance

Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

--

--

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

--

--

could u tell me how to find answer with proper reasoning.I mean to say if answer is D then there might be some reason behind that right.

Reaction score
for section B [Q: 31 -40]

there are 3 statements 1, 2 and 3. right

---

Now coming to if Statement:1 is correct, instead of checking for statement:2 , check for statement 3 first.

Note: If you aren’t sure whether a statement is wrong or correct or not, better go through all of them.

You’ll understand this, if you practice a few papers… ;) That’s how I got all this. Otherwise, I couldn’t manage to complete the paper on time :D
And this isn’t some special technique. It’s just based on how you use your logic :D

Umm, what about when the correct answer is B?

Reaction score
Please CORRECT MISTAKE. Others might get misguided.

IF statement 1 is correct, refer to statement 3.

If 3 is correct --> Answer A
If 3 is wrong,

refer to statement 2,
if 2 is correct --> Answer B
if 2 is incorrect ---> Answer D

Still, thanks for sorting out the other stuff for me. I just deduced this from your working so thanks again :)

Reaction score
Tips For 31-40 (Chemistry MCQ's Paper 1)

. If 1st choice is obviously incorrect, the answer is automatically C.
. If 2nd choice is obviously incorrect the answer is automatically D.
. If 3rd choice is incorrect and 2nd choice is correct the answer is B.
. If 1st choice and 3rd choice are right the answer is A.

hope this helps everyone :)

tdk

Reaction score

---

[/QUOTE]
According to your method, if STATEMENT 1 is correct but 3 is wrong, then the answer could be either B (if statement 2 is also correct) or D (if both 2 & 3 are incorrect.). Could u plz give ur opinion?

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum wr wb!

--

--

Thanks!!! Its of good help. :) May Allah bless you. if you have more tricks and tips on MCQ Chemistry please mail me at [email protected]

Reaction score
Um............I have my Chemistry exams this May/June 2017 session and have about 50 days in my hand so what do I exactly do to get the most of the marks as in an A and how do I plan my revision and stuff like that

Reaction score
How do I do really good in Organic Chemistry in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 and some general tips and tricks for solving PApaer 1 which in my opinion is quite hard to some extent

Reaction score
How do I do really good in Organic Chemistry in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 and some general tips and tricks for solving PApaer 1 which in my opinion is quite hard to some extent
What I have observed in paper 1 and paper 2 for organic chemistry is that organic chemistry requires a lot of recall of your basic syllabus especially the mechanisms in paper 2. I have also observed that naming of organic compound is being given more importance in the recent 2016 papers so your naming skills should be refreshed to get those marks. You should also focus on Isomerism which plays a part in paper 1 and is most time consuming through my perspective. THE MOST MAJOR tip is that you should be able to recall majority of the organic reactions and mechanisms quickly and learn the reagents and the conditions for each reaction so basically the more organic is on your fingerprints the more you can score in the paper.

Reaction score
A.S.W.
I just finished my MCQ exam in Feb/March session. The paper was lighter than i expected it to be. The thing that helped me alot was ZNotes of Chemistry and OALevelNotes well you can find the link here:
Znotes: znotes.org/as-chemistry/
OALevelNotes: dropbox.com/sh/pygu9ilojv8swvv/AABONa31t15pxWXkYa9c2B1Xa/AS%20Revision%20Topical%20Notes%202?dl=0

This helped me alot, I did not even touch my books. This had been enough!
All the best for exams! :)

*Add www before the address*

tdk

Reaction score
According to your advice, if Statement:1 is correct, instead of checking for statement:2 , I will check for statement 3 first.
If I'm sure it’s correct, then the answer will be A.
And if I'm sure it’s wrong, then the answer is definitely D.
My question is if statement-3 is wrong, the answer will be D only when statement-2 is also wrong. If statement-2 is also correct the answer will be B.
So I think that if statement-3 is wrong, then I must also check if statement-2 is also wrong or right.
My email: [email protected]