• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

time management problem

Reaction score
hey!..im giving my AS papers.,.and i have a serious issue with time management:(..it takes me a while to do the paper and if i rush..i end up doing siily mistakes due to missing crucial information in the question..do you think ill be able to overcome this issue in time for the finals?could you give any tips on how to remain within the time frame and not do silly mistakes?id be reallly grateful..

Reaction score
hey!..im giving my AS papers.,.and i have a serious issue with time management:(..it takes me a while to do the paper and if i rush..i end up doing siily mistakes due to missing crucial information in the question..do you think ill be able to overcome this issue in time for the finals?could you give any tips on how to remain within the time frame and not do silly mistakes?id be reallly grateful..
You can easily over come this issue.. wen doing past papers, set a timer. Even if you are doing topical questions, set appropriate time limit. It is common to rush n make silly mistakes but practice can help you. As you get used to of finishing papers within time, try keeping aside some time for rechecking. this will help u avoid silly mistakes. n b patient :) it may take sum time but u can do it b4 ur finals easily.. stay motivated. :) n confident

Reaction score
Basically its a minute per mark kind of thing for me but totally time yourself. Practice the hard sections of MCQS (20 onwards for Chem) so that you get a grip on those. Just practice loads and time yourself. Things fall into place when you are giving Cies for real, thats what I have noticed. Keep a wrist watch close by and dont deviate from the time you have alloted for each. If you are unable to complete a ques in a given time and are still clueless about it, skip it and do the rest. come to it later if you can. Good luck! :)

Reaction score
Basically its a minute per mark kind of thing for me but totally time yourself. Practice the hard sections of MCQS (20 onwards for Chem) so that you get a grip on those. Just practice loads and time yourself. Things fall into place when you are giving Cies for real, thats what I have noticed. Keep a wrist watch close by and dont deviate from the time you have alloted for each. If you are unable to complete a ques in a given time and are still clueless about it, skip it and do the rest. come to it later if you can. Good luck! :)
Thanks a lot !:)

Reaction score
Yah same problem m facing too coz due to not proper time management i almst lost 12 marks and i cant afford to do this in the CIEs :(