• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

those who will give pakistan's engineering uni's entry test in 2013

did this thread help you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
W
n

now this is from a friend of mine who gave the that test "you can improve your basic drawing skills by practicing more. And according to my experience, you probably just need those basic skills for the entry test. You should know how to draw stuff in 3-D, shading and all. For example when I gave the test for SADA last year, they gave us a paper and the related question said we had to fold it any way we liked and draw it. So the questions are really simple and you have to decide how to attempt them. You probably don't need to attend an institute just for the sake of this test (unless your drawing skills are really terrible)."
btw where are u from? she might come up with the names of preparatory institutes
You can say I'm horrible at drawing. For NUST Architescture test you need to have VERY good drawing skills. Drawing Humans is really hard. Well for me it is. The cut and paste part of the test is easy and so are the other questions. I just have a major issue with drawing. The drawing part of the test is the major sections.im from Lahore.

Reaction score
W
You can say I'm horrible at drawing. For NUST Architescture test you need to have VERY good drawing skills. Drawing Humans is really hard. Well for me it is. The cut and paste part of the test is easy and so are the other questions. I just have a major issue with drawing. The drawing part of the test is the major sections.im from Lahore.
from the same friend "who told you you'd be drawing "humans" in your test? :p like i told you, it's just simple stuff like folding a paper and drawing the shape you made. I know that drawing is the major part of the test. i dont think there's any 'cutting and pasting' part in the test either. :/ whoever told you that must be misguiding you. and i'm sorry but i really dont have any knowledge about art schools or institutes in lahore."
hope it helped :)

Reaction score
Okay peeps, questions.
I'm currently doing AS Level in Riyadh (Edexcel Maths, CIE Bio, Chem and Physics)
I wanna apply for environmental science in Pakistan -- so far I like NUST, COMSATS, and IIUI (but you say the admin is poor!)
My questions are:
-do I need A2 or are 4 AS okay?
-how exactly will my grades be equated by the education board? (I'm talking about equivalency here)
-which documents are require attestation? And do I apply as an international student? (I've never actually lived in Pakistan)
-any other good unis in Pak? Any GOOD ones that offer a BA in Geography, aside from KU?
-volunteering opportunities in Karachi or Islamabad?
-any other suggestions you may have :)
Thaaaaank you guys! :)

Reaction score
Okay peeps, questions.
I'm currently doing AS Level in Riyadh (Edexcel Maths, CIE Bio, Chem and Physics)
I wanna apply for environmental science in Pakistan -- so far I like NUST, COMSATS, and IIUI (but you say the admin is poor!)
My questions are:
-do I need A2 or are 4 AS okay?
-how exactly will my grades be equated by the education board? (I'm talking about equivalency here)
-which documents are require attestation? And do I apply as an international student? (I've never actually lived in Pakistan)
-any other good unis in Pak? Any GOOD ones that offer a BA in Geography, aside from KU?
-volunteering opportunities in Karachi or Islamabad?
-any other suggestions you may have :)
Thaaaaank you guys! :)
-IIUI is a BIG NO NO!
- as far as I knw u also need to give ur A2 as well. A2 result is needed for confirmation of your admission.
- here the link, u can get the idea of how ur equivalence is calculated http://www.nu.edu.pk/equivalenceAlevel.aspx
- apply as an international student, almost every uni has special seats reserved for the international candidates
-nt sure abt the other uni's in Pak, I think NUST is Alright, one of my friend is doing environmental engineering from NUST
- have no idea abt volunteer work
-for documents try the uni"s websites, the details are always given

Reaction score
Tayyba

did you do Alevels? and any specific topics in maths,phy,chem individually which you felt are more important than others and should be given more practise and time ?

Reaction score
from the same friend "who told you you'd be drawing "humans" in your test? :p like i told you, it's just simple stuff like folding a paper and drawing the shape you made. I know that drawing is the major part of the test. i dont think there's any 'cutting and pasting' part in the test either. :/ whoever told you that must be misguiding you. and i'm sorry but i really dont have any knowledge about art schools or institutes in lahore."
hope it helped :)
Folding papers and drawing humans are different sections in the test. I actually took NET 1 as trial and I'm telling you the test pattern I got the test on. Thanks for the help tho. Ill appreciate if someone else can find me a place in Lahore.

Reaction score
Tayyba

did you do Alevels? and any specific topics in maths,phy,chem individually which you felt are more important than others and should be given more practise and time ?
yup I did A'levels and it went horrible :D well I dnt remember that much precisely, but the A'levels topic that weren't in Fsc syllabus, I didn't pay too much attention to them, just went through them once. for physics; electricity related chapters are important. in fsc maths u will find limits questions that aren't in A'level. pay special attention to them

Reaction score
hi friends. i gave my entry test's this year i.e. 2012 and i thought maybe my experience will help you guys getting into a good uni. i gave entry test of six uni's and the details are following
1- LUMS
got into lums in SHSSL but had to let go of this golden opportunity because i wasn't given financial aid:cry: . the admissions opened in late November 2011 and closed in mid January. the test was held in mid-February. the test was SAT-1 and SAT-2 type. in fact, i found test easy. SSE is quite hard to get in but test isnt that difficult.

2- NUST
got into for BS-maths (merit 908). but again had to let go of this offer because i hate maths and was more interested in doing engineering. got rejected for engineering by nust because my merit was in 7000's. merit till 2500 are easily accepted in engineering courses. admissions opened in early april and closed in mid-may, test was held in july. test was a bit hard because it was from fsc. fsc-maths is beyond my understanding:p,just joking, i never got time to prepare for entry test properly due to so many unexpected events.

3- GIKI
got rejected(n) as my merit was in 3000's. merit till 2000's can easily get into giki. test was normal, had lots of tricky questions of maths.( u have to prepare fsc-maths and english, physics questions were easy) admission opened in early may and closed in mid-june. test was held in early july.

4- FAST
admission opened in early june and closed in late june. test held in first week of july. the test was computer based. got into BS-CS in peshawar campus, had to turn down this offer too as i was more interested in staying in lahore. hostel life isnt easy:whistle:

5- International Islamic University Islamabad
admissions started in early june and closed in last week of june. test was easy (very very easy). got into for BS-SE. went there and studied for three weeks and realised that it wasnt a good uni and i had hard time adjusting to hostel life.:( i was quite disappointed with the uni's administration and facult, so i returned back to lahore.

6- UMT ( University of Management and Technology): dnt confuse it with UET ;) after my return frm ISL, i took umt's admission test which was again quite easy, got in for BS-SE. currently studying there. the faculty and the administration is quite talented and friendly. extremely happy here. "parhai hee parhai hai idhar":(

i really should have done FSc rather than A levels >> :cry:

Reaction score
Hey guys any idea how much score you need in NET to secure admission in nust seecs ?

Reaction score
I'm sorry ? I didn't quite get that
there is no specific rules for getting specific marks that are gonna ensure ur admission.. try googling the relative grading system. u will get the right idea.
to be frank em nt soo sure abt the grading system :( , I hope someone answers ur question . dnt wanna misguide u here

Reaction score
Do we have to send documents befor 20th June (deadline) for GIKI or is this deadline for fee submission only? Please, reply quickly.

Reaction score
Do we have to send documents befor 20th June (deadline) for GIKI or is this deadline for fee submission only? Please, reply quickly.
i have no idea, hope someone answers ur question
btw give them a call if its that urgent

Reaction score
Can somebody explain me the admission policy of NED university for A level students???